Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My creativity is zapped. I need help coming up with a title for a parent involvement event.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am inviting all of the parents to the school on February 14th. The parents can have lunch with their child(ren) and then they can stop by our the room where I will have my event set up. My event will be open from 10:3-1:30 and the parents can stop by any time while it is open. I will have information about local places that have free or reduced price days for students/families, local resources, a bilingual representative from the library who will help parents fill out an application for a library card and tell them about upcoming events at the library. I will also have some make and take games for them to do. After this event, most of the classroom will be having a Valentine's Day party and they can stay for that if they wished. I have asked several co-workers and so far no ideas. 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Hmmmm, I'll think about it.  My brain is a little occupied with a reading project that I'm working on for the school.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

It seems like there should be something really cute to go with Valentines Day, but it's not coming to me. 

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM
The love hub.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

It seems like there should be something really cute to go with Valentines Day, but it's not coming to me. 

I know, right? I want it to have a valentine day theme but also get across that its more than just a valentine's day event.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Share the love? (although I don't really like that one, but it does have a little valentine feel along with the fact that you are there to share good, useful information with the parents)

JeremysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Share the love? (although I don't really like that one, but it does have a little valentine feel along with the fact that you are there to share good, useful information with the parents)

That one is on my list of maybes. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Ok, so I'm calling my reading project "For the Love of Reading".  I figured that I'd share because it may inspire someone else to come up with a title for you.

JeremysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting steelcrazy:

Ok, so I'm calling my reading project "For the Love of Reading".  I figured that I'd share because it may inspire someone else to come up with a title for you.

Love it! When I read that I thought of "For the Love of Fun". 

RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

(insert school name here)__________LOVES To Explore  (insert town name)______________

Find out all there is to LOVE about (insert town name)

We LOVE to Get Involved!!!!!            (this one's my fave)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)