Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Sex. Slut. Wtf?!?!?! Advice please

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 21 Replies
Where to start. My 9 yr old is asking questions. Today it was "mom what's a slut?" - she's a 3rd grader!!!!!! I miss living on base and this type of talk was a no no.
So it's time. I need to finally have that talk we all dread. She's 9 - hitting puberty - yes fried eggs ( boobs) little stubble down there.
How did u do it? I need suggestions, advice, kid related web sights. Just something to make this a comfortable talk.
😢My baby is growing up 😭💦
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaSmock
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Just tell her the truth and tell her anything she wants to know. Better for her to know the truth then find out from her friends. Who knows what they will tell her. Talk : keeping yourself clean , what sex is , birth control , respecting yourself and no letting any boy talk her into stuff she is not ready for. Pad BS tamp. Bra
cocoroo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be honest with her. But, I don't know what living on base has to do with anything. Military kids are some of the worst ones out there. I know, I live it.
JZB
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Honesty and tell her how special it is
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Honesty and how hurtful some words are.

jlynnsalazar
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Thanks. Oh boy. I'm nervous.
kblpooh
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Answer her questions by asking her what she thinks it means and then correct her and let her know that there are hurtful words etc. Also make sure you explain she shouldn't be going back to her friends talking about it. That if she has questions to ask you or another trusted adult. Have an open door, honest policy. Keep it simple, don't give more info than she asks for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:14 AM

straight out talk and tell the truth to any questions that come up.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Don't think of this as "the talk" but as the beginning of a conversation. If you think it as one and you are done it makes the whole process overwhelming because you think you have to say it all in one shot.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:28 AM

If you want a book to help you w/ talking w/ her about growing up, The Care and Keeping of You by American Girl is a really good one. My dd just turned 7 this month and I got it for her. She loves to look through it.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Listen to her questions and answer them honestly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)