Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doctors or no doctors thats the question....video added

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 29 Replies

so since oct when my dd started her new school she has been getting sick like crazy and it will last about 2 weeks before she is better then maybe 2 weeks after she is better the same thing will come back she has missed 4 days of school already.well she was sick at the beginging of the month i kept her home because she had a fever then it took a little while for everything to clear up.now she has his nasty aweful sounding cough but she has no fever nothing just a really nastying sounding couch.she went in toa coughing fit lastnight so bad she was throwing up and couching at the same time.i think when my husband gets back (he is out of town should be back tomorrow) we are going to take her saturday to her doctors and have a chest x-ray done on her.its just kind of blowing my mind on what could be wrong.would you mamas go to the doctor for this? i try not to run to the doctor every time they get a little cold but the poor girl sounds aweful

edit just waiting on the doc to call baby girl woke up with a 104 fever today and she sounds a little worse then she did a few days ago

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Did you go to doctor the first time around?  DD got hit with a bad cough last year twice where she had to stay home for a week the first time (fever, vomiting, couGhing) and the 2nd time only stayed home w/ a fever a day.  The whole school had the horrible cough.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM

no because we thought she just had a cold .she has never gotten sick this much in her life so far its nuts

Quoting frndlyfn:

Did you go to doctor the first time around?  DD got hit with a bad cough last year twice where she had to stay home for a week the first time (fever, vomiting, couGhing) and the 2nd time only stayed home w/ a fever a day.  The whole school had the horrible cough.

BKozICan
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Walking pneumonia. My son ends up with it every January. Obly time the kid ever gets sick.

OHgirlinCA
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

No, I wouldn't go to the doctor unless my child had trouble breathing or develops a fever.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

thats what starting to worry me

Quoting BKozICan:

Walking pneumonia. My son ends up with it every January. Obly time the kid ever gets sick.

frndlyfn
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Definitely call the doctor see what they want you to do.  It could be bronchitis or pneumonia that started from a cold.   DD had the upper respiratory infection which i was glad since at the time pertussis was going around (whooping cough).  In the mean time if you havent already, try using a humidifier for her cough.  We have a waterless plug in one for dd and it helped break her cough up over the summer when we were on a trip.  She hates medicines.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

no because we thought she just had a cold .she has never gotten sick this much in her life so far its nuts

Quoting frndlyfn:

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Could be bronchitis.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM

they just had a few cases of pertussis in her school last month but we were told that since she had her DPT shot that she wont get it 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Definitely call the doctor see what they want you to do.  It could be bronchitis or pneumonia that started from a cold.   DD had the upper respiratory infection which i was glad since at the time pertussis was going around (whooping cough).  In the mean time if you havent already, try using a humidifier for her cough.  We have a waterless plug in one for dd and it helped break her cough up over the summer when we were on a trip.  She hates medicines.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting frndlyfn:

sewingmama88
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

with my 7 year old when ever he gets sick i have to take him to the dr bc he always get bronchitis and he has asthma so he gets bad. I would take her in just to make sure she doesn't have anything really bad.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM

ya im going to try and get her in to see her doctor this weekend so hopefully my husband is back and can take her since we have 2 other children and 1 being a 3month old

Quoting sewingmama88:

with my 7 year old when ever he gets sick i have to take him to the dr bc he always get bronchitis and he has asthma so he gets bad. I would take her in just to make sure she doesn't have anything really bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)