Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My 4th grader is struggling in math

Posted by   + Show Post
I need help. My daughter isstruggling with her multiplication . Now she's failing with division. It's a very long story but I am working on getting her tested with a behavioral therapist but need something else done in the meantime. does anyone have any good websites, techniques or study skills I can teach her? she sits at the table and works hard it seems but something else needs to happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
MsRkg
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Khanacademy.org is a great learning website and teaches almost any topic. It has instructional videos for every topic and sub-topic as well as practices and exercises and tests that will let you know when you mastered the topic.
mandarose
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I'm trying to find her a tutor but it's not going anywhere. nobody knows of any.

Quoting Christine0813:

Tutor?

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

My students have like IXL math.  I find it kind of boring, but they like it. 

Christine0813
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe contact the Board of Education. Hopefully they can help.

Quoting mandarose:

I'm trying to find her a tutor but it's not going anywhere. nobody knows of any.

Quoting Christine0813:

Tutor?

scoleman828
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Try coolmathforkids.com
I've never tried it, but heard it recommended and my younger brother used it. He hates school and plays on there willingly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Morrigan333
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Quoting mandarose:

Thanks ladies. does anyone know of any great websites she can use to play games to help teach her?

multiplication moles is a game that dd's tutor used on her. kinda like Whac-a-mole the game, but with times tables, on the screen there is a question that says ____-, say...2x3 and you have to pick the card that has the correct answer

keedie972
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Firstnmath.com and thinkthrumath.com
Christy78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Try IXL my kids use it for math  .  their teacher sent a paper home about it and  I have my kids use it for 30 mins each . a night .

Christy78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure if every school does it but at my kids is last school they had Math help  in the mornings before school . along with reading help  to .  Ask your daughters teacher  if they do that at  her school .

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

As for apps, my students like MultiFlow and DivisionFlow.  On both, you can choose the facts your child needs to work on, which is really nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)