Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want a cook because I can't cook!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
I messed up dinner twice. It was just chicken pot pie and I found a way to mess it up LOL. I hate to cook!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I don't like to cook either. and when we lived away we ate on the college campus a lot cause it was cheap. now we live 3 minutes from my inlaws the main advantage being MIL cooks for all of us whenever FIL is on days or off. So I only have to cook 2-3 times a week now. and I manage with my crockpot. although last night I dropped the lid and shattered it. so now I need to go shopping. but with the crockpot you just toss stuff in according to a recipe and leave it alone. it's really hard to mess up. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

That is more complicated than baked chicken.   We do more stir fries and chicken casseroles.

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I would love it if I could go to the inlaws for dinner 3-4 times a week. You are so lucky.

I love stir fries but my son doesn't and my daughter would only eat one once a week LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Any one pot meals like that would work rather than pot pies.  I see pot pies as being a 4 star difficulty whereas one pot/pan dishes are 1 or 2 star difficulty.  Mmmmmmm  chicken wraps would be a good quick dinner.  I should pick up more tortillas since we have alot of chicken to eat.

Quoting bleumonster:

I would love it if I could go to the inlaws for dinner 3-4 times a week. You are so lucky.

I love stir fries but my son doesn't and my daughter would only eat one once a week LOL.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I love to cook. I would gladly come and cook for you. We had pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. My son had 2 helpings, lol.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I also LOVE to cook. I learned at a very early age  how to cook.

Just practice and ou will do better. No need tp rush what is happening in the kitchen.

BTW, how did you mess up the pot pie?

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I opened a can of stew veggies and it had meat sauce in it which didn't mix well with the cream of chicken soup. So I started over. It was a simple recipe with biscuits on top of chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup but was going by memory and didn't cook it long enough. Took it out and biscuits were still raw underneath LOL so had to put it in longer. It was finally done and tasted good although my son wouldn't eat it as he is the pickiest child on this earth but my daughter ate 2 helpings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I hate to cook also. I really wish I knew how though

Morrigan333
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM

you and me both sister! Can't cook here either. Actually I could if i reallt had the time to try, but with being busy with dd(12) who has special issues..not really gonna happen.

mommy06and09
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM
i hear ya! i can follow a recipe really well, but to me thats not really knowing how to cook. to me knowing how to cook is where you can say i have this and that oh and ill add that... not reading a book and following directions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)