Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you do with all the school papers?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 55 Replies
I'm talking about the practice sheets for writing, glueing things in order, coloring pages. I feel like I'm drowning in paper work! I have some that I'm keeping, but don't know if the other I should wait until the end of the school year to toss? She my first one in kindergarten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

If they are done, usually trashed.  If they are not done, we save them for weekends to complete and either turn in or trash them when they come back home.   Art things we save more and various " tests" when she masters them.

matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I keep some.
I scan them, and every year we make a photo book for each kid with all the years school pictures and their work, report cards. I also burn a cd of everything into the book.
I keep a few things, the rest gets trashed.
I can't keep it all. I have five kids! My house would be full of stuff I can't throw away.
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I only save the special papers,like the ones that she writes a sentence or paragraph and draws a picture to go along with,or the papers that have special comments from the teacher.If I saved all of her 100's or A's,we'd drown in paper! She's my first kindergartener as well so it's a bit hard to part from her work but I know we can't save them all! 

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I've tried to scan her pictures and art work and turn them in to books but then I end up keeping the paper copy anyways,lol.

Quoting matofour:

I keep some.
I scan them, and every year we make a photo book for each kid with all the years school pictures and their work, report cards. I also burn a cd of everything into the book.
I can't keep it all. I have five kids! My house would be full of stuff I can't throw away.

mommaslilmen
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I save a very select few, and either trash or add to the burn pile. At the end of the year their teacher will give us a folder with things the teachers kept that Ill save
matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I am a minimalist at heart. That helps.
I scan it, make the nice book, keep the cd with everything on it. That's enough for me.

My mom gave me some of my stuff from when I was little. It was all falling apart and trashed. I threw it all out.

I feel like at least this way, they have a nice book to keep. And that's enough for me!

Quoting MrsApple:

I've tried to scan her pictures and art work and turn them in to books but then I end up keeping the paper copy anyways,lol.

Quoting matofour:

I keep some.

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I only save the good ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Ahh thanks! I was feeling guilty at the thought of tossing some of it. I'm keeping the good stuff!
TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I keep them all in a tub during the school year, and then at the end of the year, I sort out the three or four that I feel best "show" the year, and I put them in his "Through The Years" book. I also pull out an additional 15 or so pieces, and stick them in a square flat rate box with the year, grade, and teacher labeled on it, and seal it up and store it. Then I get rid of the rest. If there are more pieces I want to keep, I'll take pictures of them and include them in our photo book for the year.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I only keep special projects and papers, tear books, christmas cards.. that sorta thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN