Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

"Slapped Cheek Syndrome" has struck again....

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 18 Replies

My daughter had Fifth Disease back in late Nov (8 years old then), this time it's my son - he's 5.

His looks much worse than my daughter's did and he complains that his legs itch when he gets up in the a.m.

My daughter only had the 'blotchy' look for a day on her face then it appearred on her arms and legs - she never itched and it was gone by the 3rd day.

My son's actually started on his legs 3 days ago and showed up on his arms and face today.  His looks more like a rash with the blotches on his legs and just blotches on his arms & face.

(sigh) 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! Hope he feels better quickly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Beth on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope your kiddos feel better soon.

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope he feels better soon.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid : (  Hope he feels better soon.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Thanks everyone! 

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Poor thing!  Gosh, this disease and the fifth disease used to run rampant in my house :/.  I think you are only supposed to get it once, but my older child definietly got it like 2-3 times :/.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM

REALLY?!  I was counting on them only getting it the one time!  That is what I read...oh well, I guess I'd rather them end up with this again than the nasty flu going around.

Thanks! =0)

Quoting corrinacs:

Poor thing!  Gosh, this disease and the fifth disease used to run rampant in my house :/.  I think you are only supposed to get it once, but my older child definietly got it like 2-3 times :/.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM

LOL, I think it was just my older son.  When I took him to the doctor, the docotr actually gave me this look O.o.  LOL

BTW, I like your screen name!  I didn't have to undergo IVF, but I did have to go through ART treatments for my second.  My first was hard to concieve, too.  We weren't ready for ART treatments at the time and we still aren't sure how we were blessed with him :).

Quoting ivf_blessed:

REALLY?!  I was counting on them only getting it the one time!  That is what I read...oh well, I guess I'd rather them end up with this again than the nasty flu going around.

Thanks! =0)

Quoting corrinacs:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Thanks!  I went through 3 fresh IVF cycles before I got pregnant with my first.  We used donor eggs for my 2nd since, as my Dr put it...I had 'the eggs of a 60 year old'.  LOL  I got pregnant on the first try with him.

I am very blessed to not only have 2 wonderful children but to also have the insurance and the means to even be able to go through so many IVF treatments.

Struggling with IF....it makes you fully realize and appreciate that ALL babies truly are miracles. ♥

Quoting corrinacs:

LOL, I think it was just my older son.  When I took him to the doctor, the docotr actually gave me this look O.o.  LOL

BTW, I like your screen name!  I didn't have to undergo IVF, but I did have to go through ART treatments for my second.  My first was hard to concieve, too.  We weren't ready for ART treatments at the time and we still aren't sure how we were blessed with him :).

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Thanks! =0)

Quoting corrinacs:

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Indeed, I defintely appreciate both of my sweet hearts :).  Unfortuantely, our insurance didn't pay a lick.  That's why we avoided it with our first since we weren't quite prepared to fork out that money back then.  Like I said, I don't know how he happened LOL.  I guess it was God's way of saying "you passed"...who knows LOL.

But, Leo took a lot of work.  We did 6 cycles of various things.  Finally, on my 6th cycle....the one we thought we had failed....he took :).  Barely, though.  Ending up costing us an arm and a leg though :/.

I don't think we would go that route again, I think our next stop for #3 is adoption.  We don't know if #3 is what we want yet or not LOL.  Leo's only 15 months old, we'd like some time to enjoy life with 2.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Thanks!  I went through 3 fresh IVF cycles before I got pregnant with my first.  We used donor eggs for my 2nd since, as my Dr put it...I had 'the eggs of a 60 year old'.  LOL  I got pregnant on the first try with him.

I am very blessed to not only have 2 wonderful children but to also have the insurance and the means to even be able to go through so many IVF treatments.

Struggling with IF....it makes you fully realize and appreciate that ALL babies truly are miracles. ♥

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Thanks! =0)

Quoting corrinacs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)