Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

you know that little red thing that says STOP!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

that means stop.this was the 4th time just this week that while the kids were getting off the bus someone felt the need to go right threw the stop sign that way out from the bus.that kind of crap makes me so mad god forbid they hit a child because they cant be bothered to stop for a min.the red flashing lights and stop sign mean stop.ugh

rant over

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Is this happening in the same area? If so alert the police. Take a picture of the license plate if you can. But call the police and tell them where this is happening and let them handle the law breakers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

ya it always happens at my dd's stop because her stop is right after the intersection so its people trying to get threw the red light

Quoting kmrtigger:

Is this happening in the same area? If so alert the police. Take a picture of the license plate if you can. But call the police and tell them where this is happening and let them handle the law breakers.

luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I know! Happens here all too often...sad.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

This - let the police dept. know to send an officer to the area - they LOVE filling their ticketbooks!

Also, let the school know. Here, it is the school's responsibility to ensure safe bus stops. If this is a problem because of the proximity to the intersection, maybe they can move the stop down the block further or to a different corner.

Quoting kmrtigger:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM

We have people who go around as well and our driver writes down the license numbers when she is able to.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM

People are stupid these days. 

family in the van   Mom of four

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We deal with this all the time but its with the small school vans that my students ride.  One woman told me its not a real school bus.  Um, just because its not big and yellow does not mean its not a school bus.  It has a school bus sign, flashing lights and is carrying children from their homes to school and back.  Plus, when our kids get off the bus, there's probably more of a likelihood of one trying to bolt into the parking lot than from the big yellow bus.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I would contact the police about this issue.

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
This same thing happened here over this week. It a 4 lane road, 2 lanes one way and 2 lanes the other way, there was a bus stopped, red lights flashing and the stop sign out, as I start to slow down to stop I hear the bus start honking the horn and about 4 cars/suvs pass a car and fly past the bus. I pull up and stop and the guy that pulled up behind me started honking at me. I have my miss in the car o am not about to fly by a bus letting elementary aged children off on a busy freaking street.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Quoting soymujer:

People are stupid these days. 

Are you referring to the people giving advice or the people running the bus stop sign? Sorry, your reply is so vague I am just curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)