Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you know that little red thing that says STOP!

that means stop.this was the 4th time just this week that while the kids were getting off the bus someone felt the need to go right threw the stop sign that way out from the bus.that kind of crap makes me so mad god forbid they hit a child because they cant be bothered to stop for a min.the red flashing lights and stop sign mean stop.ugh

rant over

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Replies (21-24):
rmfanfgljf
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I stop because it is a very busy street and at any moment a little kid not paying attention can dart out in front of a moving vehicle or someone else not paying attention can hit a kid that crosses the street. Also the "stop" is in both in front and in back, so I believe its a clear sign that all vehicles going both ways need to stop.........either way we all need to look out for those kids and keep them as safe as possible.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Typically, in that instance, only the vehicles traveling in the same direction of the bus are required to stop. Now, I still stop but they don't legally have to at least not where I live or where I grew up. I'm sure that the law varies by state. 

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

This same thing happened here over this week. It a 4 lane road, 2 lanes one way and 2 lanes the other way, there was a bus stopped, red lights flashing and the stop sign out, as I start to slow down to stop I hear the bus start honking the horn and about 4 cars/suvs pass a car and fly past the bus. I pull up and stop and the guy that pulled up behind me started honking at me. I have my miss in the car o am not about to fly by a bus letting elementary aged children off on a busy freaking street.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

People not stopping of course

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting soymujer:

People are stupid these days. 

Are you referring to the people giving advice or the people running the bus stop sign? Sorry, your reply is so vague I am just curious.

family in the van   Mom of four

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Oh, I always stop regardless, I am just saying that the traffic laws where I live and where I grew up state that if you're on a four lane road going the opposite direction, you don't technically have to. 

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

I stop because it is a very busy street and at any moment a little kid not paying attention can dart out in front of a moving vehicle or someone else not paying attention can hit a kid that crosses the street. Also the "stop" is in both in front and in back, so I believe its a clear sign that all vehicles going both ways need to stop.........either way we all need to look out for those kids and keep them as safe as possible.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Typically, in that instance, only the vehicles traveling in the same direction of the bus are required to stop. Now, I still stop but they don't legally have to at least not where I live or where I grew up. I'm sure that the law varies by state. 

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

This same thing happened here over this week. It a 4 lane road, 2 lanes one way and 2 lanes the other way, there was a bus stopped, red lights flashing and the stop sign out, as I start to slow down to stop I hear the bus start honking the horn and about 4 cars/suvs pass a car and fly past the bus. I pull up and stop and the guy that pulled up behind me started honking at me. I have my miss in the car o am not about to fly by a bus letting elementary aged children off on a busy freaking street.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I know that annoys me too! The police are pretty strict about it here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)