Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Speed stacking

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

Apparently, speed stacking is a part of kindergarten cirriculum... I thought was a little strange until my son started talking about it, and we looked it up... He knew a lot about it, so when he got some belated, unexpected Christmas money from his dad's side of the family we ordered them... They came today and he is actually pretty good... I'm going to give it some time and let him get better, then look for competitons in the area...

Does anyone else have kids that have this in gym class? It's great for hand eye coordination, but I didn't think this would ever be something they used in gym... kind of glad they did though...

http://www.speedstacks.com/

I'm not trying to promote the site, just posted the link in case someone didn't know what I was talking about...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyFruit Ticker

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Yes,my daughter is in kindergarten and they do this.

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM

They've done that at my kiddos school before, it's a favorite with my kids. My son is learning cricket in gym right now which he is really enjoying.

rosekit
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Yes, my daughter has done this, and she has her own set.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Fun, good for hand eye coordination - sure .. counting for gym class? WOW!

I guess it is understandable since so many schools don't allow the kids to run anymore. What else is there to do?

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ds2 has mentioned in doing that before in gym. I see it as a nice change of pace as long as it's not a regular thing.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM

That's awesome.  I dind't think theyw oudl do that in gym either.  Wish I had more information for you though :/.

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Our P.E. teacher uses these on days when the kids can't go outside.  It's great for motor skills. I think it's weird to have a school that doesn't let kids run.  Ummmm....They're kids.  

Morrigan333
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

When dd was in kindergarten she had speed stacking for the "play day" activity, but not as partof the regular curriculum

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I saw a clip about this on the Science Channel or something. I think it's kind of crazy, but not in a bad way! I think it would be good for snow days at school but I don't think it should count for regular PE class.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM

It was the rage several years ago but isn't nearly as popular as it once was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)