Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Wow.. the things kids say...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had to share this, and this seemed like a good place, hope you ladies get a laugh out of it...

I was looking through old photos to have a scrapbook printed and my son was sitting with me... I came across a photo of my HUGE pregnant belly and I asked my son, do you know why my belly was so big... his response was "because I was in there"... sweet, that was the answer I was looking for... after a quick pause he finished by saying, "and then I busted out of your 'bachinas'"... Obviously, I had to ask where that came from and he told me a little girl in his class told him that's what happened... I have finally convinced him that child was confused and there is no body part called that, but what they heck started that conversation in kindergarten... lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyFruit Ticker

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
young_lv_mom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM

lol, nice. I had to tell my dd about it when she was 4 because she knew I was having her brother and wanted to know how he was getting out, in the end I had a c-section so that helped the talk some. But still cute.

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

sidesplittinglaughter 

mommi247
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Some day I'll give him more details but I dont' need him running back to school with additonal information right now... clearly one of them messed up the pronunciation of that word, so I think he can wait a bit before he knows anymore lol...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyFruit Ticker

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Hahaha!! Too funny!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Lol! I love when they are trying to pronounce new, big words : )

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

HAHA, yeah.  Bachinas.  Busting out.  Precisely LOL.  I think you should clarify a little bit at least LOL.  But does he even know what a "bachina" is anyway LOL.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

LOL, same here.  My son is going to have such a jaded view of how babies are created.  I went through ART treatments, so we didn't do the typicaly "humpty dumpty" for Leo.  It involved going ot the doctors office many many times per month.  I guess Caden thinks the doctor puts the baby in my belly, which is nearly right HA.

And I had a c-section too.  I even showed Caden my "booboo".  I think it scared him in teh beginning, but after a while he would rub it a little to help it feel better :).  He was so sweet :).

Quoting young_lv_mom:

lol, nice. I had to tell my dd about it when she was 4 because she knew I was having her brother and wanted to know how he was getting out, in the end I had a c-section so that helped the talk some. But still cute.

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

My daughter was convinced babies grow out of people's belly buttons for a while after a friend told her that. So, we had to have that talk earlier than I was expecting. But on a daily basis she is my comic relief. She has such an old soul, but in an adorable acting like her grandmother way. Just today she came up to me and said, "Mommy, if only I liked school as much as dance class I would SO smart!" I just laughed because she was accurate. 

surromama
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)