Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

so my son gets off the bus and......

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

"at the PBIS party, two people were making the popcorn and one of them was burnt and teachers said the students get the burnt one and the teachers get the other one"

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
That's bs! You would THINK the kids would come first?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

What?  Uhh, I'd be saying something about that.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

That is wrong. The teachers should have shared the unburnt popcorn with the students.  I would not have been happy, if I found out that my kids were forced to eat burnt popcorn.

Mamie_85
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
...it's popcorn.
Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I LOVE burnt popcorn!   I would have eaten it:)  What's PBIS?

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Scorched or burnt?  Cause if you love it burnt, I will send my husband over to fix it for you...he burns it everytime!  LOL

Reminds me...

I spent the night with a friend one time when I was a kid and her Dad asked each of us "Do you want ice cream or popcorn?"  I said "POPCORN!" (I ♥ popcorn) but my friend said, "TRUST ME, you want ice cream" so I went with the ice cream.  Her Dad purposely 'scorched' the popcorn everytime because that was how he liked it.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Haha!  Funny story.  I remember loads of burnt popcorn, but that was before we had a microwave.  We had one of those little pans that y ou hold over the fire and the popcorn pops inside.  I'm pretty sure scorched is more to my liking!  When I give popcorn to my kids at school, I always buy those big bags that are already popped.  It's so much easier.  ( of course, we're a healthy school, so we aren't allowed to give the children ANY FOOD EVER AT ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!)

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Scorched or burnt?  Cause if you love it burnt, I will send my husband over to fix it for you...he burns it everytime!  LOL

Reminds me...

I spent the night with a friend one time when I was a kid and her Dad asked each of us "Do you want ice cream or popcorn?"  I said "POPCORN!" (I ♥ popcorn) but my friend said, "TRUST ME, you want ice cream" so I went with the ice cream.  Her Dad purposely 'scorched' the popcorn everytime because that was how he liked it.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting WesternNYmom:

That is wrong. The teachers should have shared the unburnt popcorn with the students.  I would not have been happy, if I found out that my kids were forced to eat burnt popcorn.

LOL

I doubt the kids were forced to eat anything. 

zebbyzebby06
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I work in a school cafeteria and we do popcorn ocassionally for snack or when there are movies, and if some is burnt we either pick out the burnt pieces or throw the bag away.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Those horrible teachers torturing the kids with burn popcorn!!

Seriously, the teachers are doing something fun for the kids. Why find something to complain about? Who knows exactly what happened. They could have been joking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN