Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Everyone knows it's Groundhog Day...

BUT DIDYA KNOW.....

IT'S HEDGEHOG DAY!

What is the most exotic animal you have ever kept as a pet? What exotic animal do you WANT for a pet?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
corrinacs
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Awww, aren't they the sweetest dogs :)

Quoting Lorena:

I have 3 papillons. I use to breed them they are retired now just my babies :)

Quoting corrinacs:

Awww, did he see his shadow?  I don't know.  My son wants a snake...a turtle....a frog...anything non-furry.  We used to have a Papillion (a dog) and she was cute.  But Caden's allergies/asthma forced us to give her away :( :(.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
This

Quoting jen113000:

No exotic pets here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Yes, I love mine!

Quoting corrinacs:

Awww, aren't they the sweetest dogs :)

Quoting Lorena:

I have 3 papillons. I use to breed them they are retired now just my babies :)

Quoting corrinacs:

Awww, did he see his shadow?  I don't know.  My son wants a snake...a turtle....a frog...anything non-furry.  We used to have a Papillion (a dog) and she was cute.  But Caden's allergies/asthma forced us to give her away :( :(.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RatherBeReading
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

We have had an iguana several times...was pretty amusing the time we had a cat at the same time. They avoided each other most of the time, but the few times the cat got curious, it got smacked by the lizard's tail, lol!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No exotic pets here

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We used to have a fire belly newt and also a Chinese Water Dragon. Now we have a cockatoo and a hedgehog and DH wants to get a newt again.

The hedgehog is cute for sure but not the most ideal pet, in my opinion. She is fun to watch when she's out playing with her little jingle ball or exploring us on the couch but she mainly hides away and sleeps or just does her own thing.

The newt and water dragon were cool to watch because they looked cool and different but they weren't cuddly or entertaining.

The cockatoo is VERY loud and ours is a special kind of neurotic to boot.

It sounds like I hate exotics but I don't, really. It is difficult to find just the right one. Many of them have specialized diets and often it is difficult to find a good Exotic Vet.

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM

no exotic pets....oh, and did anyone see the recent news article that links salmonella to hedgehogs?  Apparently there are outbreaks in a few states, but all I can think of is that they need to be washing hands after handling the little critters, after feeding the, after cleaning the cage....

I've had hamsters, fish, cats, and dogs....oh, I did have a pet chicken once - it was a baby and was blind....he didn't live very long, but he was a sweet little gut

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I want a monitor lizard.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

None and none

family in the van   Mom of four

sakpoints
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I have only owned Dogs and fish, but I really wanted a hedgehog in college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)