Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son is in 3rd grade. At that age, I remember having a best friend and going over to other kids' houses. He doesn't get invited anywhere. 

He also doesn't feel lonely. He thinks he has a lot of friends. The kids don't ignore him at recess. In the summer, he plays with some of the neighborhood boys.

Am I worried over nothing?  

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (41-50):
Ali5683
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I don't understand the question. Are you worried about him not playing at his friends house or that he isn't invited anywhere?

Schleetle
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
The only kids who ever came over have just been neighborhood kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
susieQ680
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Yah i wouldn't worry it sounds like he is doing fine

2cadifference
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My kids are the same way. They make friends everywhere we go, they never let someone stand alone and will stand up for another to one of their "best friends" (in todays meaning, they have been friends for like 3 weeks or longer lol). Kids aren't like we were, which is not a bad thing and I had the same concern when dd started school...but every one of their teachers have always pointed out they are leaders, they socially move well from one group to another. I could NEVER SURVIVE lol. I don't let my kids go to anyones house and they don't get invited either...it isn't they don't ask but really anymore it is a HUGE undertaking and it is scary...you never know people or if meth is or has been made. It is a different world. I will let them when they are in high school or alittle younger and I will leave the door open for their friends but at the moment things are different than when we grew up.

vboatner
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This. My boy's play with kids in the neighborhood, but does not have kids from school over, nor go over to their house. But he plays with them all at school.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I don't think kids these days play at each other's houses the way we did. It seems like parents are as willing to let kids do it. 

Why not have him invite someone over?

spitfire06
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I havent met a single mom with kids in my dds class on the east coast...makes me miss the midwest! People out here seem to not connect and keep to themselvves very much i think its one of the reasons there are so many nuts here...and people on drugs =/ dd is very very social she saw a classmate out at walmart one day and said hi and so did he but his mom refused to talk to me =/ it hurt..haha im a baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

have you got him tested for autism?

Autumn19
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

my son never gets invited anywhere and he is in kinder. i just invite his friend here. same with bday parties i figured everyone would be having parties and he hasnt been invited to any this yr!

ChristieV
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Where do you live on the East Coast? I moved to NJ recently and the people are lovely, and not on drugs. Maybe you should reconsider the town.

Quoting spitfire06:

I havent met a single mom with kids in my dds class on the east coast...makes me miss the midwest! People out here seem to not connect and keep to themselvves very much i think its one of the reasons there are so many nuts here...and people on drugs =/ dd is very very social she saw a classmate out at walmart one day and said hi and so did he but his mom refused to talk to me =/ it hurt..haha im a baby.

Precious333
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

its a shame :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN