Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Superbowl Half-time Show Too Sexy

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Was the half-time show too sexy for a general audience?

Options:

Yes, totally inappropriate

Yes, but just the outfits

Not really, it is a football game

Nope, I have no problem with my kids seeing this

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Ok, moms.  I am curious what you thought of Beyonce's half-time show.   Particularly the outfits & dance moves.  I think they were in the "guidelines" and in a different outfit it probably would have been fine.  But that was a bit too lingerie for me. 

Jen
~ I speak from the heart because the truth is always the best - even if you don't know it yet. ~
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No clue, I watch the game, not the half time show.  Sorry.

Honestly though, you have to remember that their target demographic isn't the elementary age set.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Isn't it ALWAYS pushing the limits of how much skin they can show? As far back as a child I can remember it always being this way. No big surprise. Just no slip of a nip this year.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this

My kids see worse than that walking into stores.... girls don't dress with any sort of respect for their bodies anymore and it's not because of TV it's because parent's are kicking their kids asses and making them make better choices. I'd be kicking my daughters ass from here to hell's acre if she ever thought she would walk out of the door or even own something showing cleveage, ass, etc. 

MaiasMommy619
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly it's a performance and she is a performer. It's her job to be desirable and sexy. She was putting on a show. And I agree the demographic wasn't elementary school children... I'm sure it was middle aged football fans aka men. But I would not have liked to watch that with my children to answer your question.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought it was to sexy.
corrinacs
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

My son was watching the game and when this came on he just went off and did something else.  When he did see what was going on, he looked rather confused and said something about how she wasn't that pretty or something LOL.  Then went back to the iPad LOL

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Not an ideal outfit for something families are going to be watching, but not surprising/unexpected. I was more disappointed that she seemed to do more strutting and dancing than singing. Not that I really care for her anyway. . .

luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm sure my dd, who is 9, watched it and thought she was showing too much skin. I raised her better than that. Even going to the gas station in the summertime she points out people that are wearing 'racy' clothing. So it may have been on the sexy side, but I'm not bothered her having watched the show. She knows better than to dress that way.
Morrigan333
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Why, what went on? The neighbor hood idiots are STILL making noise around here. Pots and pans banging, fireworks, hooting and hollering, car horns being laid on all the   way down the street! It's a freaking Football game. These people are making it bigger than New Year's EVE! Jeez, enough already. I'm tryingto keep my kid asleep here!

workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I loved it. She is a performer, not a nurse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)