Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Help with making a board game!!! EMERGENCY! LOL

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 18 Replies

My oldest DS needs to make a Board Game for school :( We've been wrecking our brains all weekend on how to do this! What game to model it after... It's on Ancient Egypt..... any suggestions? I was thinking of something like Monopoly... but then we'd have to think of like 50 different cards to do, plus citys/pharaohs names for the "streets" and instead of railroads do pyramids, etc.... HELP?

Did I mention this is due Weds?

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:29 AM
4 moms liked this

how about like the game of life...start as a slave...work up to a pharoh.... or if you are still wanting Monoply google is a best friend...

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Ds1 has had to do this a couple times, but based on books. He just did spaces like your basic "move ahead 3", "lose a turn", "go back 1 space" kind of thing, adding little tidbits from the book. (Ex- One book was Danny Champion of the World. He had things like "Left house when Dad said not to, Go back 2 spaces".) He borrowed the die from another game so he didn't have to mess w/ making cards. I forget what he used as game pieces.

apoynter
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Oh, google 'The Egypt Game'....I bet you find lots of ideas!  All 3 of my kids had the same project.  (And NO, I'm not going to mention how badly i HATE school projects....especially WITH A FRIEND projects...)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do it like chutes and ladders and call it Pyramids and Pitfalls. For the chutes I would put trap doors and have kids fall back x # of spaces. The ladders would be all the steps then need to climb to be at the top of the pryamid. Get card stock paper and print cards if you want to use them (ie. move ahead 5 spaces, or what egyptian character is wrapped in ripped sheets, if correct move 10 spaces).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM

What about doing a game based on Candy Land, like Egypt Land or Can You Survive the Desert?  Instead of the color squares, use dice and numbered spaces.  In place of the 'candy zones' have zones for different pharaohs. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thank you ladies... these ideas are so helpful!

Bwebb
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I am a teacher and have assigned a similar activity. I see the best success with games modeled after candy land, where cards move you to spaces and the spaces tell you to go forwad or back depending on the characteristics of the assigned work.  Or using a spinner seems to work well too. And dice.  Monopoly is too complicated!! Good luck!

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM

What's too complicated about the Monopoly version?

Quoting Bwebb:

I am a teacher and have assigned a similar activity. I see the best success with games modeled after candy land, where cards move you to spaces and the spaces tell you to go forwad or back depending on the characteristics of the assigned work.  Or using a spinner seems to work well too. And dice.  Monopoly is too complicated!! Good luck!

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not a game like 10,000 pyramid. You have stone "bricks" with questions and answers, trivia.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)