Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you do with all their school papers?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

CJ must come home with 10-20 papers or projects daily. Some of them are cute, so I put them in a chest I keep for memories of him, but the rest I just throw out. I couldn't imagine trying to keep all of this stuff.

How much stuff does your kid bring home and what do you do with it all?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12yrmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a box in each kids closet where I put all my favorites. (lol my sons box is a Johnny Walker box from the ABC store)

I also have a string hung along one wall to hang their art on with closepins, when the string is full then something has to come down, otherwise favorites would never come down. I do have one of my sons favorite 'family pictures' in a frame.

I discreetly toss the ones that aren't too original or favorites, but I've learned to sneak them in just before we take out the trash.

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM

my oldest brings home a pack of papers every friday. I ask her which ones she wants to keep and then burn the rest (wood stove) Same with my youngest. If she brings home a bunch we go through them and burn what we don't want.

MommaTasha1003
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Same.. I have a folder I keep all papers that where sent home & some of her own work papers. I keep it for fun & so over summer I can remind myself what to review & build on.

We have a school scrapbook (store bought) that has a pocket for special papers. at the end of the year ill keep as much that will fit for memories.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I put it in a bin and then go through it at the end of the year and decide what to keep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I keep the cute things, throw away the rest. Way too many papers to save them all!

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Some I keep and some I don't. We have a box and at the end of the year we go through it and save what they want to keep.

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Anything that is sentimental or  a special project I keep.  Everything gets ditched into the recycle bin.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM

i save them 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I keep everything until I get around to going through it. I really need to get better about doing that more often.

virgochild79
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I throw away the everyday class work and homework and keep most of the projects and art work. I have a few bins of it. It's a little overboard but I can't bring myself to throwing them away lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)