Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Where do your kids go after school? I just got offered a new job (YAY!!!) but I need to arrange some sort of after school care for them. I have 3/4 possibilities right now. After School Care at school, Y Care or talk to my mom & next door neighbor and have them switch days when I need a sitter. I can work til 8pm and dh anywhere from 315p-715p so I'm more or less leaning towards mom/neighbor just to make sure that my kids will be picked up at a decent time to have supper & actually be home for some of the night. School is out in 3 months & after that I will need to find a permanent summer sitter. How do you ladies figure out child care arrangements?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I tried to read them all. I ended up calling my mom and talking to my neighbor & I changed my hours at work. I will go in from 10a-3p. My mom will get dd2 on the bus at 10:30 & neighbor will get them off & then I'll be home in 10 minutes. Plus this way now dh doesn't have to find a ride home since we only have 1 car. Thank you all for your help.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Replies (41-42):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Hubby or I am home. If for some weird reason we aren't home, my neighbor runs an at home daycare. And they can go there. She doesn't charge me, because I am always helping her when I am not at work.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM

School or neighbor. Don't use the Y. The Y lines the kids up and they don't seem to have much fun or freedom. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)