Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Would it be wrong....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 40 Replies
If I requested my almost 5yr twins to be in seperate classes when they start kindergarten? They go to preschool right now. And they don't really talk to alot of other kids besides each other. Their preschool teacher says she really thinks they are academically ready for K but doesn't think they are socially just because of how attatched they are to each other. So would it be wrong for me to request that they have different teachers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

No, I actually would recommend it.  I can tell you that the other kids will appreciate it too.  A lot of schools already have that policy in place.

Buggy979
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM
No not at all. I would do this if I had twins... Good luck. Are they identical?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hello, welcome to the group.

No, it would not be wrong.

kngarber
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM

No, I wouldn't think so.

This was recently a HUGE debate in Indiana because a school separated twins against the moms wishes.  There are a lot of points on both sides to consider, but all in all you know your kiddos best. 

2cadifference
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I never really understood why they always kept them together...I would want them seperated just so they had their own identity. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I would find out what the policy for the district is.   I think it would be a good idea just so they dont distract each other.  I have been in some districts where siblings are not allowed to share the same teachers in the same year.

gma12.1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I think putting twins in seperate classes is good. I got a b/g set and she was always doing things for him more or less babying him. They got into seperate classes and he had to learn to do things for himself and he began to make friends. They are in 9th grade now and haven't been in the same class since they began school. My 2 besides being different sexes are also totally different in personality, she is more social and everything seems to come easily for her, him on the other hand has to work a little harder to do things. So now it is even more important that they aren't in the same classes.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM
No, it wouldn't be wrong. I have twins but kept them together. They are neither competitive nor dependent on each other so I have kept them together and both kindergarten and 1st grade.teachers say they work independently and have their own friends so would recommend them to.stay together to make it easier for us for homework and such. I think it just depends on what you feel is best for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM

No, it isn't wrong at all.  Call the school to see what their policy is on this, as the policy does vary by school.  Although I have never understood why a school would force twins to be in the same class.

mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Thank you. I went and talked to the elementary school they will be going to and the principle asked me if I wanted them together or seperate. And until then I just figured they would be seperated since they are twins. That way they would be able to grow and discover themselves.

Quoting mjande4:

No, I actually would recommend it.  I can tell you that the other kids will appreciate it too.  A lot of schools already have that policy in place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN