Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What age did your kids start asking for name brand clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

My DD is 8, will be 9 this summer. This weekend we were at Gander Mountain. There isn't one close to us, we were in a smaller city an hour away. Anyway as we were looking around she mentioned how she wanted some Columbia and North Face clothes. This is the first time she has asked for name brand things(other than Twinkle Toes a couple years ago at age 6) When I asked why, it was because other girls are wearing these brands.  

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (71-73):
Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM

That is true. You can find the Justice "style" at a lot of department stores.

Quoting gracie0221:

Quoting Kcdavis11:

Justice is the brand to wear in our elementary school. My daughters were in 1st grade when they asked me o go shopping there. I wish I never took them there. It is so expensive.

Justice has the ugliest overpriced clothes in my opinion. My 7 year old gets good quality clothes, but that store is ridiculous,lol. you can get the same clothes at Target for half the price.

RaizingBoyz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM

This is why I shop TjMaxx and Marshall's for name brand stuff. Just bought my middle son a pair of Nike shorts for $6.99. I would pay at least that, if not more at Target. Also got some Under Armour shirts at TJMaxx for $7.99. I do buy my kids name brand clothes, but only when I find the stuff for these prices that I mentioned. Also got 6 pairs of Nike socks for $8 at TJM - again would pay the same if not more at Target.

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My kids have never asked for name brand anything my oldest ds is 8 will be 9 soon and the youngest ds and dd will turn 4 next week. But I'm sure that will change soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN