Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your child eat candy they received from school.......

Posted by   + Show Post

I was thinking about a cute valentine to give my daughters 1 st grade class but it would require me to handle the candy. Like it wouldn't be individually wrapped. I was going to put some gummy bears in a ziplock bag and attach a cute bag topper on it. But just wondering if parents would be ok with that since it wasn't wrapped candy and knowing that someone had touched it???????

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Replies (21-29):
soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I would be.  I wouldn't think a parent wouldn't harm other children.

family in the van   Mom of four

RLT2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I would be okay with it as long as it was candy that I recognized.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I would if I knew what child it was from, but I am the least germaphobic person I know. 

calsmom62
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Given its cold and flu season, What about buying a bag of fun size packs ...they have everything from lifesaver gummies to m&ms...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChristieV
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

No. I replace anything that has food coloring or corn syrup with chocolate.

LilyFlair
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I would but thats because I know the students teacher parents everyone in our school pretty much and dont think that anyone would tamper with anything. We all send in special treat during holidays. BUT thats us, you should check with the school. also you can wear gloves if it makes you feel better.

ambercates
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
It's against the rule where I teach so I would ask! DS goes to private school and they do it sometimes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM

In our district all candy has to be pre packaged, and all homemade treats have to include a list of ingredients. Food allergies.  My kids don't have any allergies so I would be okay with them eating anything that was brought in.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I would be fine with it....But, dd's school dont allow it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)