Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

And the tooth FINALLY came out but she was asking for too much

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 6 1/2 year old twins.  Just like their older sister, they were getting bummed that they are the last ones to lose their first tooth.  My oldest was about 6 1/2 as well.  My twins have been asking if it's loose and I'll check it but it hasn't been loose enough.  One of them started playing with it a little more and got even looser.  Well, i guess it FINALLY came out yesterday at school.  She was very excited to tell me.  She then said, "I can't wait to get $20."  Umm...what???  Apparently, that is what one of her classmates got.

Now, I know it's a parenting decision but, in my opinion, $20 for a tooth is way too much and crazy.  Sorry, we are not going there.  I told her that I sent information to the tooth fairies' (because there is more than one) office saying that for our family we only give $2 for the first tooth and $1 after that. 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Poor girl!!!!!

Quoting gravercem:

The tooth fairy did once pay 20 bucks for a tooth, but it was one our daughter had to have ripped out of her mouth.  The tooth had to be removed due to the way it had come in.  It was pushing her other teeth in weird ways that caused her to get an infection.  They tried to numb her up but nothing works for her, she had to be held down and they pulled it out with her feeling everything.  It was a nightmare for her and us.  After going through all that we felt 20 bucks was well warranted.  Other wise the tooth fairy pays a buck a tooth.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I think we did $5 for the first and $2 after that..... my husband wanted to give my son $20 but luckily the tooth fairy hit the bar that night to make change.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
This is what we did too!

Once we completely forgot and just went to bed so we told the kids that we were supposed to email the tooth fairy and let her know she had a pick up but the Internet crashed so she never got the email. They bought it and I gave my husband credit for coming up with that on the spot while being half asleep!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

We did $5 for the first and $1 for the rest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I think we did $5 for the first and $2 after that..... my husband wanted to give my son $20 but luckily the tooth fairy hit the bar that night to make change.

bahahahahaha!!!  That's hilarious.  Well, there were a couple of times that the tooth came out sooner than we thought for my oldest daughter and the tooth fairy didn't have money on her so had to grab from the daughter's piggy bank just to show money.  The tooth fairy reimbursed the piggy bank the next day. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting gravercem:

The tooth fairy did once pay 20 bucks for a tooth, but it was one our daughter had to have ripped out of her mouth.  The tooth had to be removed due to the way it had come in.  It was pushing her other teeth in weird ways that caused her to get an infection.  They tried to numb her up but nothing works for her, she had to be held down and they pulled it out with her feeling everything.  It was a nightmare for her and us.  After going through all that we felt 20 bucks was well warranted.  Other wise the tooth fairy pays a buck a tooth.

That sounds extremely painful. :(

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

OMG!  $20?!?!?!?!?!?!  Wow, that is absolutely nuts in my book!

My boys were always perfectly happy with a dollar per tooth.  So happy to be beyond the Tooth Fairy stage, although it was fun while it lasted.

aj23
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I give $20 a tooth but we have a deal set up where half of any money he gets (from any source) automatically goes into savings so he actually gets $10 for spending money.
I wanted to make sure he got enough so he could go buy a new toy or another treat he's been wanting if he wanted to.

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Wow!  $20???  My eldest lost her first tooth at my ex's house and he gave her $10!  I was livid!  I have 7 kids all together and I just can't afford that!  LOL  When she lost her second tooth it was at my house and we gave her $3.  She was confused on the difference so (and I feel so bad for this, but what else can ya do?) we convinced her that she was mistaken on the amount she *thought* she got for the first tooth.  That she got $5 for the first tooth and the other $5 had come from her dad (he agreed to this).  And every tooth after that only gets $3.  That has worked so far for us.  We've now had 5 children lose teeth...and often we have children who lose them within days of each other. 

My kids go through this too with the Easter Bunny.  They have  a few friends whose families are better off financially than us and get bikes and ipods for easter.  My kids get bubbles, jump ropes, chalk, candy, etc.  That was a hard one to explain!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting gravercem:

I would have given her "hazard pay" for that one as well.  I have the same problem as your dd and can honestly say that it really hurts to get a tooth with roots pulled without being numb.  I also get fillings without being numb, although that doesn't hurt quite as bad.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Haha! That's great!

Once I forgot too and DS complained about not getting money so while he was brushing his teeth, I threw a dollar under his bed and said he must've knocked it off the bed in his sleep.

Quoting anotherandree:

This is what we did too!

Once we completely forgot and just went to bed so we told the kids that we were supposed to email the tooth fairy and let her know she had a pick up but the Internet crashed so she never got the email. They bought it and I gave my husband credit for coming up with that on the spot while being half asleep!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

We did $5 for the first and $1 for the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN