Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

And the tooth FINALLY came out but she was asking for too much

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 6 1/2 year old twins.  Just like their older sister, they were getting bummed that they are the last ones to lose their first tooth.  My oldest was about 6 1/2 as well.  My twins have been asking if it's loose and I'll check it but it hasn't been loose enough.  One of them started playing with it a little more and got even looser.  Well, i guess it FINALLY came out yesterday at school.  She was very excited to tell me.  She then said, "I can't wait to get $20."  Umm...what???  Apparently, that is what one of her classmates got.

Now, I know it's a parenting decision but, in my opinion, $20 for a tooth is way too much and crazy.  Sorry, we are not going there.  I told her that I sent information to the tooth fairies' (because there is more than one) office saying that for our family we only give $2 for the first tooth and $1 after that. 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cutenessmom
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My son who is  six years old a few months ago lost his first tooth at night  and threw it away.  I looked in the tash I was so bummin he looked at me like i lost my mind... LOL  I tried ot explain the tooth fairy concept he look ed at me like I lost my mind LOL! I gave him a dollar  He was like what ever. a few months later  a few more came out  by now he knew what it  was  he ripped it out and threw it in the trash in front of me  demanded a toy.

To him it did not even hurt him he was like what ever   , I found out later his teacher    read  the kids in the class about the toothfiary.   I fiugred a dollar or two per tooth.  LOL!

tnkrbell860
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

wow...when I was a kid I got .50 at MOST lol....guess times have changed. My husband wanted to give a little one I was babysitting $5 for a tooth and I said no $1 tops...especially since we weren't her parents and shouldn't be footing the tooth fairy bill lmao...but $20...that will NEVER come from this house lol

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I dont get 20 dollars either. We do 1 dollar for each tooth.  Our tooth fairy is on a tight budget.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

$20 is crazy. Mine gets $1.

You could go to the bank and get the gold dollar coins, so it's a special dollar.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, $20 is a bit hefty isn't it!  My son ain't getting that for his lost tooth.  A buck at most.  I got quarters.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM

This is the "funniest" toothe story I've heard in a long time LOL

Quoting Cutenessmom:

My son who is  six years old a few months ago lost his first tooth at night  and threw it away.  I looked in the tash I was so bummin he looked at me like i lost my mind... LOL  I tried ot explain the tooth fairy concept he look ed at me like I lost my mind LOL! I gave him a dollar  He was like what ever. a few months later  a few more came out  by now he knew what it  was  he ripped it out and threw it in the trash in front of me  demanded a toy.

To him it did not even hurt him he was like what ever   , I found out later his teacher    read  the kids in the class about the toothfiary.   I fiugred a dollar or two per tooth.  LOL!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

If your tooth fairy decides to pay $20 I will ship you my teeth ASAP. LOL

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I paid $20 a tooth-but my youngest the weisenheimer figured out the toothfairy was really parents (and so was the Easter Bunny)  so I told him if it was me he wasn't getting $20.

Oddly he thought Santa was still real-or he figured out it was in his best interest to say so!

calsmom62
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM
The other day ds came in to us and said..... You know, i found my tooth is still on the nightstand. Oops. It fell out a couple of wks ago. Sorry, kid, you are number 4.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect that much money for somethign that happens naturally. It has nothing to do with the child him/herself. It's gonna happen no matter what. I think I'll be giving about the same as you are going to give. 

I remember getting a dollar coin under my pillow, and being excited about it. Because I got something for the tooth, not because of how much it was.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)