Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

And the tooth FINALLY came out but she was asking for too much

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 6 1/2 year old twins.  Just like their older sister, they were getting bummed that they are the last ones to lose their first tooth.  My oldest was about 6 1/2 as well.  My twins have been asking if it's loose and I'll check it but it hasn't been loose enough.  One of them started playing with it a little more and got even looser.  Well, i guess it FINALLY came out yesterday at school.  She was very excited to tell me.  She then said, "I can't wait to get $20."  Umm...what???  Apparently, that is what one of her classmates got.

Now, I know it's a parenting decision but, in my opinion, $20 for a tooth is way too much and crazy.  Sorry, we are not going there.  I told her that I sent information to the tooth fairies' (because there is more than one) office saying that for our family we only give $2 for the first tooth and $1 after that. 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (61-63):
MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Wow! The tooth fairy brings $2 bills. DD does not like to part with them since they are hard to come by.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Dd lost her first one last week. She got 10 dollars and I am figuring 5 dollars for all subsequent teeth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM

thank God my son does not believe in getting money for his tooth  lost. I guess you have to break the news let your daughter knew what the tooth fairy will offer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)