Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

dd finally saw the doctor

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

poor little thing has pneumonia and her blood oxygen is low so she is on meds now and has to go back next week.she can go back to school tomorrow but we will see

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Watch her closely, the last time that I had pneumonia really bad, I ended up in the hospital for a few days.  

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Poor thing!  I hope she gets better soon.  They really couldn't give her a note that excused her for a day or so though?  =(

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

the note they gave her says till she is fever free and she doesnt have one today.im going to just have to see how she is tomorrow

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Poor thing!  I hope she gets better soon.  They really couldn't give her a note that excused her for a day or so though?  =(

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Well hopefully she is feeling better tomorrow. =)   It's good that she is given the go ahead, I just wish schools would sometimes give kids a day to recoup and regain their energy, kwim?   I suppose they would send her home though if she seemed sick still.  I just stinks to have to wake up a child who you know needs their sleep just because they don't have a fever.

Sorry, can you tell that we just went through a bunch of sick kiddos here and I had to argue with my school and send my poor sick kids to school just so they can send them back home and say, "you were right, they aren't doing so good.  fever or not."  Sheesh!!!  

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

the note they gave her says till she is fever free and she doesnt have one today.im going to just have to see how she is tomorrow

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I would keep my kids home if they are really lethargic and still need to rest and recoup from being sick.  How does the school know if your child has a fever or not?  They don't come take the kids temp, do they?

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Well hopefully she is feeling better tomorrow. =)   It's good that she is given the go ahead, I just wish schools would sometimes give kids a day to recoup and regain their energy, kwim?   I suppose they would send her home though if she seemed sick still.  I just stinks to have to wake up a child who you know needs their sleep just because they don't have a fever.

Sorry, can you tell that we just went through a bunch of sick kiddos here and I had to argue with my school and send my poor sick kids to school just so they can send them back home and say, "you were right, they aren't doing so good.  fever or not."  Sheesh!!!  

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

they do when the kids goes to the nurse if they think the kid is sick

Quoting steelcrazy:

I would keep my kids home if they are really lethargic and still need to rest and recoup from being sick.  How does the school know if your child has a fever or not?  They don't come take the kids temp, do they?

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

ya i def get ya.we are going to see how she does tonight because she gets alot worse at night and isnt sleeping but if he does good tonight and seems better in the morning ill send her but if not i might just keep her hom the rest of the week and let her go back all  fresh and ready next week

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Right, but if you keep your child home from school an extra day even though they are fever free, how does the school really know if you are keeping them home that extra day?  The school has no way to know if they've been fever free for one day or two, so keep them home that extra day if you feel that they need it.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

they do when the kids goes to the nurse if they think the kid is sick

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

That's what I do too.  I had 3 kids in the same school last year and got reported to the truancy officer because of their TOTAL unexcused absences.  I was told me calling in is still considered unexcused unless there is a drs note.  When I told them I refuse to be one of the mothers who brings their children in to the drs for a fever (plus our ped. is over 45 mins away) or take them to the ER for a note they told me that I had to bring my kids in to the school nurse then for them to be excused.  So I have to drag a feverish child out and about to PROVE they are sick?  Or what about when they are vomiting and having the runs?  Just hope they don't puke all over themselves on the way to the drs or school?  Or when my child has been up all night coughing and finally got some descent rest around 5am....I still have to drag them to school because "technically" they aren't sick.  I'm the kind of mom that says suck it up, but I know when my child is too sick to go to school. 

Ugh, I wish I would have documented all of their sick days (although I will now)  to bring to court if they decided they wanted it to to that far.  (The truancy officer was a jerk!)  I understand there has to be a limit to sick days in school but look into the case a little further (and how about not group my kids together?) before telling me I'm on my way to going to court over this crap!  And yet, with a months notice kids can take up to 2 weeks of vacation time...but only 5 unexcused sick days? 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Poor thing!! I hope she feels better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)