Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have Godparents?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 46 Replies
Does your child/ do your children have Godparents?

Did you have Godparents?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM

She doesnt.  I do or did have god parents but i do not remember them.  I just remember getting yearly birthday cards until about age 13-14.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
My sons don't have Godparents. I did/do have them. I haven't seen/heard from them since elementary school.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Yes, all of my children have Godparents.  Even my twins who were premature and passed away within hours of birth got baptized and have Godparents.

I have Godparents as well, and I still have contact with them.  I see my Godmother very often, she is my mother's sister.  I haven't seen my Godfather is a little over 3 years, but we do exchange cards at Christmas.  He is my dad's good friend from the military.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yes, we are Catholic. All three of my kids have Godparents.

babynurse454
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Yes our dd have godparents, we had a church service, we also had to meet with the pastor of our church along with the god parents ,so everyone knew the role of godparents, we all signed the paperwork. We are god parents to our best friends 3 daughter's. We take the role as god parents very seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Yes all 3 of my girls godparents are their biological dads. (I'm a lesbian and their dads are my best friends. So the twins dad is their godfather. And my youngests godfather is her dad.) That way they can still have contact with their children. It was apart of the agreement when they agreed to be mine and my exs sperm donors. I also have godparents. I have 2 sets of godparents. My moms brother and his wife (whom I see often.) And my dads brother and his wife (whom I haven't seen in over 3yrs.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

My dd and ds have the same godparents but not in the usual for church reasons but as the people designated to take them if some thing ever happens to both dh and me at the same time. *knock on wood* I do and have never had godparents.

calsmom62
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
No. I was raised loosely protestant, and it wasn't a tradition, dh religion doesn't have godparents, and our kids are interfaith so they don't have them either.
TroyboysMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Yes, my son has Godparents, and they are incredible people. 

I also have a Godmother. She's wonderful! 

iluvmykids83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Yes my kids have God patents. Put a new meaning to their God father and will not chose another one. Their God father is my baby brother he was killed in a motorcycle accidents in June 2010. I know for a fact tho that he's here with us still and watching over my boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)