Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Clerk beats child at store

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 33 Replies
Some of you may have heard about the store clerk at a dollar general store who beat an 8 year old child with a belt. She hit him over 2 dozen times. Apparently the clerk had said something to the little boy and the little boy replied (from what he said) I'll show you bad and threw a cookie at the clerk. They have her on tape hitting the child with a belt over 2 dozen times.

I will say the comment by his own admission made him sound like a royal brat. And would have wanted to kill him if he had done it to me. AND I have worked as a clerk and sometimes the kids are little monsters. He probably was acting like a royal brat.

I just don't see how the parents and kid are getting the blame no matter how horrible the child behaves. She had no right to attack the child. Imagine if it were your child and someone started hitting your child with a belt. Me I would lost it if someone did that to my child.

Yet a lot of people are acting as if what she did was okay. It is assault. And I they had a parent on video hitting a child over 24 times the same people would be saying it was abuse.

Update---- this happened in Wrightsville GA. the woman called him a demon. He said I'll show you bad and threw the cookie at her. She chased him down and spanked him with a belt behind the counter.

He was running around. But still she was sooooo far in the wrong. In my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Where did this happen?
mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM
While I'm for spanking this is over kill. I would knock someone out for doing this to my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I didn't hear about this, but if I had seen this in person, I would have called the police. What that clerk did was not discapline. It was assult.  Where was this child's mother when this took place, and why did she allow her son to run wild in the store unsupervised?

banana-bear
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM
What the FUCK! Heads would roll!!!!! Not her place and I'd probably beat her stupid ass with the metal buckle of the belt.
BellaByrdie
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
So would I.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

While I'm for spanking this is over kill. I would knock someone out for doing this to my child.

BellaByrdie
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
That is exactly what I said. I would snatch the belt and beat her with it if it were my kid.

Quoting banana-bear:

What the FUCK! Heads would roll!!!!! Not her place and I'd probably beat her stupid ass with the metal buckle of the belt.

5PointedHuman
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM

What was your source? O.o

SarahlovesLiz
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I'm all for spankings, but this was excessive.  I also believe the parents were partially to blame for letting the child out of their sight and for not teaching him better manners!  Not saying that parents should expect this from their lack of supervision, but no one knows what can happen with or to their children when they are left alone.  I'm in no way saying the clerk is right, because that was excessive and uncalled for.  Spanking someone else's child is unacceptable, as is beating them with a belt!  I'd have her job for sure, but I'd also have my son in some punishment for that behavior.

BellaByrdie
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I came across it on facebook a friend found the link.  And I looked it up after that.  below is the video.  And the officer that is charging the woman with assault has even said how bad it is. 

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/275803/40/Child-spanked-by-store-clerk-describes-torture

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

What was your source? O.o

BellaByrdie
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM

25 swats with a belt goes beyond a spanking.  I am for spanking to and like I said he sounds like a brat and the parents should have kept a better eye on thier son.   She has been fired.  She is being charged with aggrivated assault and cruelty to children. 

If a parent had done this to child it would be considered abuse

Quoting SarahlovesLiz:

I'm all for spankings, but this was excessive.  I also believe the parents were partially to blame for letting the child out of their sight and for not teaching him better manners!  Not saying that parents should expect this from their lack of supervision, but no one knows what can happen with or to their children when they are left alone.  I'm in no way saying the clerk is right, because that was excessive and uncalled for.  Spanking someone else's child is unacceptable, as is beating them with a belt!  I'd have her job for sure, but I'd also have my son in some punishment for that behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)