Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 2/6/13

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 AM
  • 47 Replies

It's National Women and Girl's in Sport Day....

Did you play sports as a girl? If so, what? If not, did you try out of any sports?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Soccer until middle school then I tried out for basketball but didn't make the team.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Our school did not have any sports for girls.  I was in high school waaaaay back in the dark ages!

endurablemist
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I played basketball for 2 years.
endurablemist
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Oh I also loved playing football, and baseball with my cousins.
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I was in gymnastics as is my daughter.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I played volleyball and softball in high school. I was in to gymnastics in my elementary and middle school years.

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM

um....nope...I did ballet and piano, then we moved and I didn't get to stay with ballet but was forced to stay with piano....then in middle school I did piano and joined a bowling league (I guess that was my sport)....went from worst average to best average...only downside was tha bowling was from 9-12 on Saturdays and piano lessons were at 1....by that time my fingers were so swollen I could hardly play!

rHOPEb
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I played soccer for 12 seasons....even on a very competive team for a few years.  But that was younger than middle school.  I tried out for softball and didn't enjoy it.  I also tried basketball, which I was NOT good at at all.  hahahaha.  I did dance (ballet, tap, jazz, pointe) from age 3-18yr.

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I played soccer and softball! Loved both!
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I didn't play any on a team. I did enjoy playing soccer and baseball in the backyard w/ my dad in elem school, and just shooting hoops w/ him in the driveway in middle and high school.

I did take about 9 wks of ballet and 9 wks of gymnastics in elem school (community center lessons), and about one month of tennis lessons in high school. Didn't care for the first 2. While I thought tennis was only ok, it did provide me w/ a funny story: a bee was flying around me, so I was just swinging my racket around to scare it away and suddenly I hear this little "thoing" and the bee was gone- apparently while I had trouble hitting a tennis ball at times, I was able to connect w/ a little bee and sent it flying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)