Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

It's National Women and Girl's in Sport Day....

Did you play sports as a girl? If so, what? If not, did you try out of any sports?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
lorial58
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I ran track.  I was six foot in high school with 36 inch inseam so jumping high hurdles was a piece of cake.  Bet I couldn't do it now there.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I was a dancer and a cheerleader.  I also ran track in HS.  My Senior year of HS I played varsity football.  Yes, I'm a woman.  lol

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Nope.  I wasn't very good, although I enjoyed to play them for fun with friends.  =)    I was the "girly-girl" who did dance, cheerleading, chorus and violin. 

I have 5 girls, and the closest to a sport that they do is gymnastics.  I would really like for them to get into softball because they are so good at it, but they don't like the competitive nature of the sport.  But they are the kind of girls who aren't afraid to get dirty and play outside with the boys.  =)

corrinacs
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yes I did.  Played Varsity Soccer my freshman year of HS.  Beyond that, played a little volleyball in college.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

No sports for me, I was too shy

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes, I've done a couple sports over the years. I did softball for one or two seasons but I was horrible at it because I have vision problems. I took swimming lessons and did recreational swimming a lot. Recreational bicycling. In high school I was in track and field. I still bike, but not as much as I'd like to and I still love swimming too.

My DD played softball last year but DH wants to put it on hold this year while we get her vision problems sorted out. I want her to be involved in something, and think she'd really like combo-dance classes (jazz/ tap/ ballet) or swimming. It's looking right now like we can't afford to put her in any classes so I'm probably going to have to work with her more on her biking skills.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I played soccer for 14 years, spring, fall, and sometimes in the winter.

I also ran cross country off and on, and I tried (but was not very good at) basketball.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I did special olympics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DJAKoala
by Debbie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I played softball from age 9 until 36. Swim team grade 9 thru 12. Track and field in Middle School.
Back in my School days, there was no girl baseball,softball team in Middle School(called JR. High)
So I played on the boys baseball team. I was what you called a Jockett (tom boy)
I wish I didn't have Arthritis in my wrists,and bad knees, I would sill play Softball. I enjoy swimming and find it very relaxing and therapeutic.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I played a TON of sports. I began playing T-ball and moved on to play softball for my hometown, until my junior year of high school. I also played fast pitch softball for school. I started in junior high and ended my senior year. I also played a few years of basketball in jr high and volleyball in jr high and high school. I also ran track in jr and high school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)