Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

In Honor Of It's 78th Birthday Today!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 16 Replies

Today, 78 years ago, Monopoly made it's debut!

So in honor of the birthday:

Do you enjoy playing Monopoly?

If so, is it a friendly game, or a cut throat game of strategy and wheeling and dealing?

What is your favorite Monopoly piece to play with?

Do you play with the same piece all the time?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Happy Birthday Monopoly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Yes I enjoy it. It's a friendly game, I like all the pieces and don't have a preference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Happy Birthday Monopoly!! I am not really a fan of the game. We play every once in a while. My son used to love Monopoly Jr, it's a lot quicker. My fav piece was the thimble.

janitablue
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Happy Birthday Monopoly . It has been awhile since I played Monopoly. I don't have a favorite piece.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We love to play as a family. It is a cutthroat wheeling and dealing, add our own sound effects (chaching), competative game for us...lol

I always always always play with the Scottie and have since I was a little girl.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

How cool is that, today is also my brother's birthday and former President Ronald Reagan's as well.

I love Monopoly.  We play it often.  When my siblings, cousins and I play it has always been very cut throat.  My siblings and I actually had a game that went on for more than a week one summer.  We played for a few hours each day and it was awesome!

I am always, always, aways the dog, so don't even think about claiming that piece.  lol

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Look out, sista!  You and I will have to have a death match for the Scottie dog if we played Monopoly together.  lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

We love to play as a family. It is a cutthroat wheeling and dealing, add our own sound effects (chaching), competative game for us...lol

I always always always play with the Scottie and have since I was a little girl.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Bring it on!!! Scottie is MINE!! haha

Quoting steelcrazy:

Look out, sista!  You and I will have to have a death match for the Scottie dog if we played Monopoly together.  lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

punching

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Bring it on!!! Scottie is MINE!! haha

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

corrinacs
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM

We play it friendly in my house :).  Its hard to believe its been around that long!

I pick a different peice each time :).  I think its a great game of strategy that gets a bunch of hoodlums (I mean that in a good way) together to talk "trash" LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN