Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What's Your Stance On Sleepovers?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you feel about sleepovers?

Options:

No problem, if it's trusted family or friends.

If I can't ensure my child's safety... Absolutely Not!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

have a good night

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't really vote because I feel both ways. They can stay over with family or with very trusted friends, but no one else because I just don't feel comfortable letting them spend the night with people I don't know well.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

So long as it is family or a trust friend, I have no problem with it.  I have a hard time imagining that any parent would let their child sleep over where they don't really know the parents though.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would allow her to stay over at a friends house if i knew the parents and we had transportation.  She missed last years sleepovers due to us not being able to get there on time in the morning (before 9am).  She did however attend the party before sleepover.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't do them often. My kids like to be in their own beds at night. It takes days for them to recover from a sleep over. We have kids over our house a lot

mereinhart28
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SahmTam:

I can't really vote because I feel both ways. They can stay over with family or with very trusted friends, but no one else because I just don't feel comfortable letting them spend the night with people I don't know well.

I agree.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The list of "trusted family friends" is very short... It's basically my in-laws and the family of my husband's childhood best friend. Other than that, no sleepovers. We'll see as he gets older... I would have to know the family and be comfortable with the parents for sure.

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

The list of "trusted family friends" is very short... It's basically my in-laws and the family of my husband's childhood best friend. Other than that, no sleepovers. We'll see as he gets older... I would have to know the family and be comfortable with the parents for sure.

This is me too... my list of "trusted family friends" is also very short.  My oldest is only 6yrs old.  I see no need for him to have sleepovers with friends at this age.  The only time he has had a sleepover has been with grandma, or his cousin.  This was because they were babysitting for us and his siblings were there too... it was not just for him to be gone for the night.  

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys and 1 little princess.

in love  kitetoddler boybaby girl

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Too hard to vote...

Trusted family friends or friends who's parents I've met enought to feel comfortable with. Girl scout families, gymnastics friends, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
4 moms liked this

My son has had many sleepovers over the years, and we've never had an issue with it.

I had a ton growing up, and so did my sisters. None of us ever had any issues either.

I really think parents that say no sleepovers--period--are way too overprotective of their kids. Sorry.

MJP76
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never let my kids stay outside of my home for a sleepover.. But I have no issues with sleepovers here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN