Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Just got a call from the school!!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
So last night my husband and I were moving our room around and he took everything off his dresser to move it. On his dresser was a cup of change that DS took and ran away. Didn't think anything of it.
Well until the school just called me... Apparently two bullet shell(whatever they are called not bullets just the shell) were in the cup. DH went shooting for his bachelor party two years ago and brought them home.
DS wants to be a FBI agent when he grows up so he is very interested in such things(another reason I wouldn't allow a gun in the house) well anyways he brought them to school to show his friends!!!
The principle was really nice about the whole thing but I'm mortified
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

just smile and say "it will NEVER happen again"

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Someone in my daughters school brought a replica of a gun. The news told everyone that it was a real gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Not anything to get freaked out over.  No one can get hurt with empty shells.  Just go to the school, pick them up, and assure the principal that all weapons are locked up in your house.  No biggie.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

There is no way to undo what happened. It is embarrassingg, but sometimes, it happens. All you can do is sit your child down and explain WHY we do not take such things to school.

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Oh man!

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Glad they were understanding about it!
AirForceWife13
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM
My son took a toy gun to school by accident and the school flipped. We were running late and as we were rushing him out the door he grabbed his wrong backpack. He grabbed his backback he had just taken to grandmas house which had his clothes and a neon orange water gun. When he went to tell his teacher she saw the gun and i guess had to report it. My son was suspended for 3 days and a police report was filed by the school and he had to write an essay why bringing guns to school is inappropriate. Crazy...
acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Naturally. Orange squirt guns are pretty damned dangerous. Someone could've caught a chill if he wet them. U_U

Quoting AirForceWife13:

My son took a toy gun to school by accident and the school flipped. We were running late and as we were rushing him out the door he grabbed his wrong backpack. He grabbed his backback he had just taken to grandmas house which had his clothes and a neon orange water gun. When he went to tell his teacher she saw the gun and i guess had to report it. My son was suspended for 3 days and a police report was filed by the school and he had to write an essay why bringing guns to school is inappropriate. Crazy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I know. From now on were going to have to buy the black water guns that look just like real guns to prevent this again.

Quoting acrogodess:

Naturally. Orange squirt guns are pretty damned dangerous. Someone could've caught a chill if he wet them. U_U

Quoting AirForceWife13:

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Lol. Oh, my.

Quoting AirForceWife13:

I know. From now on were going to have to buy the black water guns that look just like real guns to prevent this again.

Quoting acrogodess:

Quoting AirForceWife13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN