Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

DD has pityriasis rosea

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 0 Replies

A few weeks ago I noticed dd saying she was itching after taking a bath. I told her she just needed lotion. Then on Saturday after taking a bath I noticed what looked like a ringworm. So immediately I started treating it. By the next day I noticed these bumps on her face, then on her chest and back. They looked like a bunch of little ringworms. So day and night I was treating them but there were so many. I thought it can't be chickenpox. It didn't look like it and she got shots 2 years ago. Yesterday she went to the nurse complaining about the itching. The nurse gave her some cream and sent a note home. I decided to make an appointment to see the doctor. He told me it is pitriasis rosea. He had it when he was in college. They study it but don't know what causes it. It can not be treated. All you can do is put itching cream on it. It will go away in 3 weeks or up to 4 months. It's not contagious. It's not very common. I asked how many he see and he said 3 to 5 a year. So dd was his first patient for this year. :)

Has anyone ever heard or had to go through this?

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/pityriasis_rosea.html

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)