Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can spanking a 7 year old really embarass the child?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM
  • 30 Replies

Even if it's just the one parent and child in the room?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EslingerCrew11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Absolutely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i can understand if he was spanked in front of other people but if it's just the one parent and the child.

i don't get how.  i'm confused.

it's not like he's getting spanked in front of his friends, KWIM?

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Absolutely!

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Meh. I know I wasn't embarrassed but growing up all my friends were spanked. No need to be embarrassed or ashamed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:12 AM

It can still make him embarrassed and feel bad about himself regardless who is around.  I hate being yelled at and get really embarrassed.

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambercates
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Maybe more upset than embarrassed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
You don't need anyone to be around for something to embarrass you. Just the thought of someone seeing or finding out could be embarrassing enough. I know I've been embarrassed plenty with no one around about many things. You (not YOU you, but you in general) can't exactly say his being embarrassed is wrong, because we're talking about his feelings and he's entitled to feel how he does.

Quoting vinalex0581:

i can understand if he was spanked in front of other people but if it's just the one parent and the child.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Absolutely!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeanandNoahsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I think boys, in particular, by this age do not want anyone to see their ptrivate areas anymore. This is when they develop some modesty.

Spanking, in general, is degrading as well.

vinalex0581
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

are you speaking in general?

because i've seen my sons privates alot when he was a baby while changing his diapers.

i would think, being his mom, that he wouldn't feel uncomfortable with being naked around me. 

it's not like i'm going pick on the size of his penis or anything.

i understand what you mean by modesty, but i just believe when it comes to parents, they shouldn't feel shy or anything like that.

does that make sense?

i'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing.

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

I think boys, in particular, by this age do not want anyone to see their ptrivate areas anymore. This is when they develop some modesty.

Spanking, in general, is degrading as well.

vinalex0581
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

oh i understand, he certainly can feel embarrassed and share his feelings with me.

but still.......i'm his mom........i gave birth to him, changed his diapers, gave him baths.  what's there to feel embarrassed about?

about a month ago i was in the livingroom with him, his step father was there.

he was misbehaving and i said come over here and pull your pants down so i can spank you and so he started to and then i said, don't do that.

i honestly didn't think that he would do that without making issue of it first and at that point i was more embarrassed about it then he was, i think.

i could feel my face turn red.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

You don't need anyone to be around for something to embarrass you. Just the thought of someone seeing or finding out could be embarrassing enough. I know I've been embarrassed plenty with no one around about many things. You (not YOU you, but you in general) can't exactly say his being embarrassed is wrong, because we're talking about his feelings and he's entitled to feel how he does.

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Absolutely!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)