Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk for February 10th

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

What was the last NEW recipe you made?

Where did you get the recipe and did you like it? I

f not, will you tweak anything about the recipe and try again or was it a complete dud?

Cindy

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't remember, I've been in a cooking rut lately.

Late Dec I did find a way to make steak in the crock pot.  It was really good!  And much easier than any other option since I was making steak for 6.

I will be trying a recipe for a gluten free, refined sugar free chocolate cake soon.  My DS wants to invite a classmate to his party who is gluten & refined sugar free (along with other things) & its important to him that she can eat everything at the party.  Hopefully it tastes good, otherwise, back to the fruit cake idea!

calsmom62
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I made a pancake recipe out of Southern living. I eliminated the pecans, and added more sour cream. It came out ok, but everyone raved. I'll probably make them again for a brunch
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM
How did you make the steak.?

Quoting GwenMB:

Late Dec I did find a way to make steak in the crock pot.  It was really good!  And much easier than any other option since I was making steak for 6.

I will be trying a recipe for a gluten free, refined sugar free chocolate cake soon.  My DS wants to invite a classmate to his party who is gluten & refined sugar free (along with other things) & its important to him that she can eat everything at the party.  Hopefully it tastes good, otherwise, back to the fruit cake idea!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I almost never follow a recipe completely so I'm sure I tweaked it the first time. 

I think it was a recipe for homemade pie crust. It turned out awesome.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I seared each steak on each side for a minute, put them all in the crock pot standing up (well, leaning over) & poured beef stock over them.  You can put things like onion, celery, garlic in there.  I think I just put onion.  I cooked them on high for 1 hour & then on low for 3-4.

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting GwenMB:

calsmom62
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM
That sounds good, kind of like a swiss steak I make, without the tomatoes ...

Quoting GwenMB:

I seared each steak on each side for a minute, put them all in the crock pot standing up (well, leaning over) & poured beef stock over them.  You can put things like onion, celery, garlic in there.  I think I just put onion.  I cooked them on high for 1 hour & then on low for 3-4.

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting GwenMB:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I have no idea.
jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I always tweak recipes

The last new thing I made was Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup.

It was delicious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Spaghetti pizza...Got the recipe from allrecipes.com....I just didnt use the sausage like it said....It was yummy

gracie0221
by Gracie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I made lime shrimp tacos with a cilantro yogurt sauce. it was easy and good, but I would need to change the yogurt sauce. it tasted off. I got it from pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN