Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Girl Dolls defected?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: My American Girl Doll Was...

Options:

Perfect

Defected

Defected, but replaced with a perfect doll

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

This past Christmas, my daughter received an American Girl Doll. These dolls are very pricey IMO at $120+ a piece! Now for this kind of money I would expect a perfect doll, am I right?

Anyways, when the doll came in, it has some scuff looking marks on it. So, I called the company and they immediately sent out a new one. Well, the new one came and it too had the same marks, but different spots. So, again I called the company and they sent out a 3rd doll. I am thinking by now, surly they will check this doll prior to sending to insure perfection. Long story short, It too has scuff marks on the body!!!!

I am just so aggravated that this pricey doll has obvious poor craftsmanship :(

Has anyone else had issue like this?

Not sure what to do. My daughter loves her doll, but of course we both our disappointed with the marks. Debating whether to demand a refund or at least a discount....

Thoughts?

TIA :)

Keri ~ A Homeschooling Mom who is a Student too! ~> A College Student that is !  ;')

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Which one!? We have Samantha and Nellie and both came and are in perfect condition.

Mom2Tabitha
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Tabitha has Molly and Caroline...gifts the last two Christmases from the same set of our friends.  The dolls arrived PERFECT and are well loved by my daughter.  I agree though that the dolls are expensive.  If it were not for our friends, Tabitha would not have any of them.

I am also curious. Which one had issues?

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Could you show pictures of the scuff marks?

It's hard to say since we can't see it. 

Honestly, if my child was happy I would drop it at this point. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Bump
I don't have girls/ American Girl Dolls
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
qkforever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM

My dd got one at the store.  Within 3 days her eyes wouldn't close.  They were great and sent a new doll out.  We have had no issues with her now not marks or anything.   Which doll is it?  

mommaoftwo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

We have Kit and a " looks like you" doll

Never had a problem with either of them.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Did you have to return the other dolls? (If not, sell them and recoup some of your money.)

I have not had that problem. We have 3 AG dolls in the house.

Can you post a picture of the scuffs?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

If you are unhappy, they will replace the doll.

marisab
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

TJFBGMommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM

My sister got 5 or 6 AG dolls when she was young (20ish years ago) and they still are in perfect well loved condition. My girls have 2 bitty babies and the 7 year old has Kaya and we've never had a problem with them. We've sent the babies in to the doll hospital for work last year. They had been loved on a LOT and needed some work. But when they originally got here they were perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)