Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judy Moody.....

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 34 Replies
2 moms liked this
And the not so bummer summer.... DD watched the movie last month and LOVED it.

So after her 1st grade teacher told me that she was going to have her start doing chapter books. I figured. Heck why not start with Judy.... so we went to the public library today and found her.

She LOVES it. On page 17/18 right now. DD is so excited. She wants to read all the Judy Moody books now. :)

Her teacher suggest the chapter books because she has already passed the 850 point mark they want them to have at the END of 1st grade. :) so proud.. :) :) :) :)

Any other suggestions for beginning chapter books...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I am not sure since we arent on chapter books yet except when i read to her.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Wow! That is awesome. She read the book in one day!! I hope you share this with her teacher tomorrow. That is a great movie to by the way : )

a06z08mama
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Oh. No. Not one day. She's only on pages 17-18. Not sure which she stopped on. That's where her bookmark is.

Yes it is a good movie. I got sucked into it after they left for their dads. DS even liked it.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Wow! That is awesome. She read the book in one day!! I hope you share this with her teacher tomorrow. That is a great movie to by the way : )

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Oh I thought you meant page 17 out of 18 pages, which I know realize is stupid - a chapter book has way more than 18 pages. It's still good news that she is reading a chapter book. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

Oh. No. Not one day. She's only on pages 17-18. Not sure which she stopped on. That's where her bookmark is.

Yes it is a good movie. I got sucked into it after they left for their dads. DS even liked it.

Quoting diaperstodating:

a06z08mama
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
The one thing I don't understand is that she says her teacher and the librarian wont let her get a chapter book? Maybe she just hasn't asked. Hmm.... I think I will let her teacher know tomorrow that she is working a chapter book at home now. Good idea?? **sorry for talking to myself in that. Lol

Quoting diaperstodating:

Oh I thought you meant page 17 out of 18 pages, which I know realize is stupid - a chapter book has way more than 18 pages. It's still good news that she is reading a chapter book. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting diaperstodating:

.ChiMama.
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Wow good for her. Dd hates reading. I bought her a ton of Judy moody books and she doesn't like them. In first grade she was only reading the level reader books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My 6 yr old loves the Rainbow Magic books.She has almost the entire collection.And as much as I can't stand the books,she loves the Judie B.Jones books.I'm trying to think of the other chapter books that she reads but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My youngest son started chapter books at the end of kindergarten.  His first was Junie B. Jones and he absolutely loved them.  I thought that they were really cute and funny too.  My oldest son started chapter books in first grade and his favorite were the Magic Treehouse series.

sdsstargazer
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My kids like the bad kitty books, diary of a wimpy kid series, Judy moody, Ramona books and my 7 year old just got into the Harry potter And lemony snicket books. I've ready a lot of the books with them and they seemed really good. I liked the diary of the wimpy kid books because they introduced a lot of higher words. They have really expanded my kids vocabulary :) I'm glad your little one loves reading!!!
JenniL05
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
My kindergartner is an early reader too and at the moment he really likes the Geronimo Stilton books. They're about a mouse who goes on adventures. :) It's a little more challenging to read because of the vocabulary but my Max just asks me when he doesn't understand. I was that weird 10 year old reading Jane Austen with a dictionary so I always try to encourage him to read challenging books!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)