Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

6-year old NEVER says "I Love You"

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM
  • 31 Replies
Does anyone experience a 6 year old that never tells you he/she lives you? I mean, what is so frustrating is that our daughter has been showered with love since the day she was born. Never does she volunteer an "I love you, mom" ... Any reciprocation is extracted from her. Have we raised a spoiled child or is this normal?
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
14LVL
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Oops, damn iPhone ... Post was supposed to say "loves" you not lives you... Argh!
frankiesma530
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Maybe it`s just her personality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM
My boys tell me they love me.
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

as another said it could just be her personality.  Does she give you hugs unexxpectedly?  Some people arent as openly affectionate as others.

14LVL
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Quoting frankiesma530:

Maybe it`s just her personality.

I sure hope so ... We have made her our world for 6 years and it hurts me that she doesn't tell us she loves us .. I worry that we have raised a child incapable of showing love or appreciating her life and family!
averysmommom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM

My son has always been showered too. HS dad n I randomly tell him a lot. I have wondered the same thing. But then he shows his love in other ways like hen I'm working out and about to fall over dead he'll sweetly ask "mom are you ok?" I take that as his I love you

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My son didn't start saying I love you until he learned it from his little sister. No hugs, no kisses, no I love yous, nothing. It was really hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

My son who is 10 nevers says I love you.  He never has and I believe its just him.  I had a very hard time when he was about 5 or 6 because I thought it was me and all that but I have learned its not me. He still gets love and all that but I just am going to have to be happy he is healthy. lol

gsdogsrule
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I have 2 boys and the oldest has never ever been demonstrative in this way, and the second never stops saying it. It's just individual differences. People have different love languages, too, btw. Some people say things to others, some give gifts, some do gifts of service, etc. Different love languages for different people. She probably does tell you she loves you, in her own unique way...

smushy79
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I dunno. Neither one of my parents was ever really affectionate with me or told me they loved me, so I dont tell alot of people I love them. I do tell my children every single day, multiple times a day and they say it back. Obviously, you are not raising her like my parents did me though. Have you talked to her about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)