Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It ain't that serious IMO

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love My little pony so do my kids I have 3 boys 1 girl. I don't get why so many parents have issues with kids liking the show or more so boys liking the show or teens wearing t shirts with the Bronies on them? Lol I know some parents who would not like me then lol I have like 8 shirts and I have a wig that I wear from times to time of a replica of Sparkles hair lol

I just wonder if they remember when they were kids and all the "crazes" we went thru anyone remember the pacifier's or the bracelets the you would loop thru one another and make cool designs, Tamagotchi, Slap Bracelets, Troll dolls, Beanie babies, Pogs and Many more some of these a lot of boys would collect play with etc and I'm guessing maybe some parents were like no it's too girly or too boyish but I bet when we were growing up we all thought was cool. So why freak out about a Bronie lol

So I say Keep calm and Bronie on!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I was engaged at 16, so I don't quite remember being into any of the "kid" things when I was a teen. I think the last time I had my little ponies was when I was 7. So all these things that teens like to wear or are obsessed with, is just completely lost on me I'll admit it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM

What is a Bronie?  

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I wasn't engaged as a teen, but was a teen when My Little Pony became popular.  I'm definately a lot older than OP, so I really don't understand.

Quoting Mommy4000:

I was engaged at 16, so I don't quite remember being into any of the "kid" things when I was a teen. I think the last time I had my little ponies was when I was 7. So all these things that teens like to wear or are obsessed with, is just completely lost on me I'll admit it.

corrinacs
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I can understand it to a point.  Like some of hte others have said, I was kind of out of hte loop, but I did have freinds that were into it.  Its not totally lost on me, but just not something I was interested in at the time.

But, I guess i can't say but so much.  I was (and still am) in love with Hello Kitty LOL

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I was wondering that too. 

I guess I am lost. I was never into any of things the OP mentioned.  

Quoting steelcrazy:

What is a Bronie?  

ccnstanczak
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Bronie is one of the boy ponies. bro+pony.

my dds love MLP and others too. they can play with "boy" toys. and if i had sons i wouldnt care if they played MLP.

theres worse things that kids could be doing!!like setting fires and killing puppies. let the kids play. :)

oh and my 3yo dd is a HUGE MlP freak. her favorite is Rainbow Dash.

-42-
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
A Bronie is a guy who likes My Little Pony.

Quoting steelcrazy:

What is a Bronie?  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
A guy who likes My Little Pony.

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting steelcrazy:

What is a Bronie?  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My son wouldn't.

Quoting -42-:

A guy who likes My Little Pony.

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting steelcrazy:

What is a Bronie?  

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

What I can't figure out is why anyone cares enough to comment on it.  While, I might find it bizarre for an adult, if that's what they want to wear, hey more power to them.  I'm 41 and still wear big J LO hoop earrings.

To each their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)