Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Thank you to the mom who brought cookie to our IEP

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
2 moms liked this

A kid just moved into the school district that I work in.  When we had his first IEP the mom brought cookies for all of the teacher. 

It is the first time a parent has treated all of the hard working teachers.  We were all shocked and could not believe that we were being treated to a home made treat. 

I just wanted to say thanks to this mommy and any other mommy that treats their special teacher! I of course thanked her in person. 

Sorry, I forgot to add that the mom has a total of 2 kids and is going to nursing school. I was amazed that she took the time out to thank us. Wow!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM

That is great! It was nice of her to do that.

I feel bad, I never thought to give the teachers anything at any of the IEP meetings. I will try to remember for next time to bring the teachers something.. I am not a baker so it will be store bought not homeade.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM

That was so nice of her!

Ds1 and ds2 had IEPs for speech therapy. I'll admit, it never occured to me to take anything like that. Neither need that IEP now.

We have had to meet w/ some of (or all) of ds1's teachers over the yrs b/c of homework issues, and all have just been so happy that we've asked for those meetings and that we're involved.

DJAKoala
by Debbie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
That was very nice. I have not given home made items,but my son and I always thank and show appreciations to the teachers and instructional aides who support my son.
CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
How nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)