Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Sending daughters flowers at school.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 31 Replies
3 moms liked this

I didn't even know he was going to do it. This is not something we have ever done before. We had our normal Valentines Day morning. I got both kids a stuffed animal and chocolates. He bought me roses and a card. I wanted chocolates from a special local store. So he went to work, and just called to let me know he got a small box of chocolates. They were nearly wiped out which doesn't surprise me. He then told me he picked up flowers for DD8 and was going to deliver them to the school. That made me more happy than the things he bought for me. He isn't even her bio dad but he has been daddy since she was 1. She is going to be so happy :)

Here are her flowers.

Have you or your DH/SO sent your DD flowers at school?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

no he hasnt.  We would worry about them becoming very wilted during the school day.

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Aaawww!!! So sweet!

IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
So very sweet! Our school won't t allow it, because of the distraction it became!
Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I could see that. He did call first to make sure it was okay.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

So very sweet! Our school won't t allow it, because of the distraction it became!

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont have a daughter, but even if I did I dont think my hubs would send them flowers

corrinacs
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Awww, that's really sweet.  I don't know what she will do with them, but I don't see anything wrong with it.  Might want to run it by teh school just to be sure its ok with the m:)

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The school allowed flowers to be sent this year....This is the first time we have been allowed to send them...I sent dd a pink rose, and a orange one....With a zebra print bag, stuffed puppy, card, candy, and 2 balloons...All together was about $15.00

HyperMom38
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

OMG!  She must feel like a PRINCESS today!!  I bet all her friends are jealous!  Wow!  I would have loved for my Dad to do something like that for me when I was a kid!!

Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I got to see her reaction. I was at the school for DS Valentine party. When you walk into the school you have to go through the office and I saw the flowers in there. Later around 2 they named some kids to come to the office on the announcments. Other kids got stuff but hers were the only flowers I saw. So I waited for her to leave the office and head back to her room and took a picture. There was another girl walking beside her and she was in awe and said "Those are so pretty"

Quoting HyperMom38:

OMG!  She must feel like a PRINCESS today!!  I bet all her friends are jealous!  Wow!  I would have loved for my Dad to do something like that for me when I was a kid!!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Dh hasn't sent any to school, but he did buy her flowers for her b-day : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN