Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Disneyland

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

(PIOG)

We've booked a trip to Disneyland in May with our 2 boys, ages 16 and 10. The last time we were there, our oldest son was 3 and we didn't have the youngest yet. We're coming from British Columbia. I'm sure things have changed a lot in 13 years! I know it can be really expensive to eat in Disneyland itself, does anyone have tips on where to buy food and/or souveneirs that won't cost a fortune?

Also, I would like to spend a day in Hollywood, not including Universal Studios. Any ideas on where to go, eat, shop (soveneirs again), interesting things besides the walk of fame?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Sorry, no idea.  I'm 3,000 miles from there, so it would be really expensive for me to visit. lol

aj23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM
There is a Disney group on here that has a ton of tips. They are really helpful.
If you have a Pinterest account there are also a lot of helpful pins on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I'd look into purchasing the meal plan. It is TOTALLY WORTH IT.

When I was in Hollywood, I loved the Hollywood wax museum, Gramins (sp) Chinese Theater, taking a tour around Beverly Hills, etc. Don't walk around at night though. 

TroyboysMom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

If you're going into Hollywood, eat at Pink's - the hot dogs are awesome.

In Disney, Rancho del Zocalo is comparable to eating outside the park. Depending on how long you'll be here, and where you're staying, you may want to go just outside the park to eat. There's a McDonald's and a Denny's almost directly across the street from the parks (a five minute walk, maybe). There are other affordable places inside both parks. You can also bring in your own snacks and water - do that, because the carts will kill ya.  

thebailiffs
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I am not sure where you are staying. I am also not sure if you are going to the CA Disneyland or another state. But if you are, I would recommend going to the CA. adventure park, which shares the same land. When you enter the front gate on one side is Disneyland and the other side is CA adventure. Both are amazing.

I will also say, the food is expensive, but pretty good. The carts have fresh fruit and yogurt.  They all different types of food from New Orleans.   

Once in a life time experience.  You can also have breakfast with Mickey or Donald Duck.  

MommieCotter42
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Disneyland is expensive period. We just went last weekend it was packed and expensive. Be prepared to spend a lot when you go. Their is a place in tomorrow land called pizza port they sell pasta, pizza and salad. It's pricy but the portions are big so you can share. I would recommend taking your own water and snacks because that adds up. A apple at a stand coat 2.25 I can go to the market and buy enough for everyone for that price. All in all it will be fun but be prepared to spend.

In Hollywood you can do city walk at universal City. They have restaurants and shops.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Have fun

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I agree- GET THE MEAL PLAN...totally worth it, hands down!!!!!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Disneyland and Hollywood are in CA. Walt Disney World is in Florida. There are other Disneylands in other countries, but I've never heard of a Hollywood besides the one in CA.

Quoting thebailiffs:

I am not sure where you are staying. I am also not sure if you are going to the CA Disneyland or another state. But if you are, I would recommend going to the CA. adventure park, which shares the same land. When you enter the front gate on one side is Disneyland and the other side is CA adventure. Both are amazing.

I will also say, the food is expensive, but pretty good. The carts have fresh fruit and yogurt.  They all different types of food from New Orleans.   

Once in a life time experience.  You can also have breakfast with Mickey or Donald Duck.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)