Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Stuffed animals?????

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 42 Replies

I've noticed in quite a few of the replies to V-day posts that a lot of you get your kids stuffed animals, and the grandparents get them stuffed animals too.  I find this interesting because my boys rarely ever get stuffed animals for anything and I'm honestly happy about that.

What is the big draw for you buying stuffed animals?  How may stuffed animals would you consider too many?  What do you do with all of them?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

.We like that they are soft and dd can use on to sleep with.  She rotates all her babies.  We typically go for certain brands so they are actually "collection" type.  It is a more endurable thing to give a child than chocolate or a card.   DD can tell you who gave her each animal she has in her possession.   We just did a big purge donating all the old ones that no one needed anymore for other children to enjoy.

calsmom62
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Would you like some stuffed animals? I have a toy room full. I throw them out, give them away. I swear they either procreate or sneak back in the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM
DD loves stuffed animals but has so many I have stopped buying them. Her Pillow Pals and Build-A-Bear are her faves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM
My kids love them. Play with them all of the time.
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
IIts so weird but the stuffed animals get played with more than any other toy. At one point we were able to bury my oldest when she was a toddler she had so many. I dont buy to many now and the ones we have or have had we got from my MIL whos husband plays the crane machines. We have gottin rid of alot over the past few years lol. We keep the favorites. I dont mind them till they r taking over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM

My girls have a zoo. When we get a menagarie to big to handle we donate some. My kids are not rough on them.  We can play our on form of where's Waldo with kids hiding in stuffed animals sometimes. They are only kids once. They will outgrow them and then want to give them all away. No biggie to us how many they have or how big said animals are.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I am thinking about donating a bunch and then for dd's birthday next month letting her create her own bear at BAB located near us.  She also uses her pillow pets nightly.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

DD loves stuffed animals but has so many I have stopped buying them. Her Pillow Pals and Build-A-Bear are her faves.

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Dust mite magnets... I hate them!
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
BAB is so much fun! I had one od DS's birthday parties there. When DD was a year old, my mom made her one. I'm surprised she hasn't asked to make her own.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am thinking about donating a bunch and then for dd's birthday next month letting her create her own bear at BAB located near us.  She also uses her pillow pets nightly.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No thanks, don't want any.  lol  Back when my youngest child was an infant (9+ years ago) we told everyone that he shouldn't have stuffed animals because they could aggrivate his eczema - total lie!  Thanks to this, we have very few stuffed animals in the house.  My boys do have stuffed animals, but family doesn't give them to the kids for any occasion.

Quoting calsmom62:

Would you like some stuffed animals? I have a toy room full. I throw them out, give them away. I swear they either procreate or sneak back in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN