Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disney vs. disney cruise?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 14 Replies

My son was just diagnosed with cancer.. (god that pains me to say) but luckily it is only a 9 week treatment! so i am hoping everything goes as smooth as possible. this wed. we will have 6 more weeks left. and that cant some soon enough.

any way he is intitled to a wish from the make a wish foundation and he chose to go on the disney cruise his big thing was he wanted tio swim with dolphins and also go to disney world! But i have heard the dinsey cruise isnt the greatest.. also im not exactly sure on what the make a wish foundation provides but supposibly they pay for the whole family on the trip. I know when you go on cruises the exersions are extra and they are pretty pricey, also i know that the disney cruise is very expensive compared to other cruise just because of the name.. My son also wants his grandparents to come and his cousin so i was thinking that might be out of the question if its so expensive.. so i was thinking if we could go on a short cruise that takes us to swim with the dolphins and then spend a night or two in disney.. any one have any suggestions?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask Make A Wish for information. They best know what they offer.  They also may know of other options that aren't through Disney.  Let them know what your son wants and that you want to keep your costs down.  I am sure they are used to that type of concern.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  I'll be saying some prayers for you all.

mamajolene
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

thank you so much.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I would ask Make A Wish for information. They best know what they offer.  They also may know of other options that aren't through Disney.  Let them know what your son wants and that you want to keep your costs down.  I am sure they are used to that type of concern.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  I'll be saying some prayers for you all.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I just want to say hope he has a speedy recovery..hugz

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I'm sorry about your son's illness. I also hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I've never been on a cruise, but I've heard terrific things from people who have gone on Disney cruises. I'm surprised that you heard that you've heard otherwise. It has been years though since I knew anyone that took a Disney cruise, and so maybe they aren't as good as they used to be? IDK, sorry.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I have a lot of friends who have done Disney cruises...most a few times and they love them. I have never heard a negative comment. Talk to the MAW people and see what they can do. If DS chose the cruise, I would stick with that.

I hope his treatment goes well and is speedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm sorry about your son. I'll say a prayer for him.

I'd go with the cruise if that's what he wants. DW is so fast paced and crowded that I could barely stand being there for 1 day let alone 4! It's so over priced and just over rated IMHO but I think a cruise would be much better for your son. Dd was 5 last time we went and she was exhausted by the afternoon from all the walking. I would just talk to MAW and see what they say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Everyone I know that has done a Disney cruise raves about it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamajolene
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your prayers and opinions!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Disney cruises are awesome. ((Hugs))

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Prayers to your family!

I went on a Disney cruise in 2010 with my family for my parent's anniversary and it was awesome! I don't think any of us had a single complaint! I think if your son wants to do the cruise, that is what you guys should do. I agree that the parks can be crazy and I think that the cruise may be better suited to a child in recovery than the park. But, he may be so excited to be there that he forgets he's sick and lives it up like a boss! :)

Talking to Make A Wish and seeing how they will work with you is probably the best thing to do. I hope what ever vacation your family goes on, it is filled to the brim with happy memories and lots of love!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)