Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

the parents at my child school??

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 28 Replies
I hate picking up my child from school because of the parents there. I feel like I'm back in high school. With the click! I hate it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM
That would suck. The parents at our kids school are all pretty nice.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM

It's a shame not all "adults" outgrow that high school mentality. I've been lucky in that all the parents I come across don't act like that- at least to me.

GotSomeKids
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't see many clicks at our schools, but maybe that's because I'm not in them to know they exist.....LOL

At our school, I'm just happy to get through the parking lot without getting into an accident.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Our K-3 building is like that, very clicky. It's the reason I rarely volunteer there. It's changed a whole lot since our dd attended there, she graduated from HS last year. My oldest son is in the 4-6 building which is much more welcoming. Our youngest is in 2nd grade, one year to go in that building~ can't wait til he's done.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a few cliques among the parents at our school, but I do my best to completely ignore them.  I have grown up and no longer wish to act like a teenager or associate with those who do.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM
It sucks when people wont grow up. There are moms at the school I associate with more than others but its because we have stuff to do. Like projects and such. Otherwise no one seems clicky here.
mamadebora
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Same way here, I hate sooooooooo much, I thought I was the only one, the same with birthday parties

MsLogansMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I dont know if there are clicky parents at my dd school I never pay attention there probably is since it kind of happens everywhere in one form or another but im way too busy to notice

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM

We have a few cliques i think and i dont really fit into them so i go back and forth as dd plays with different children.   Even in high school i would go back and forth with different groups.

1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i join all of the cliques. everyone is nice to the newbie once i smile and say hi a few times - just because it's a clique doesn't mean it's exclusive. instead of feeling left out, make friends. 

eta - by join the cliques i really just mean that i'm friendly with everyone and they're all nice to me too. i chat with whoever is around me and never feel snubbed..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN