Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Where would YOU put . . . 2/16/13

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 28 Replies

this in your home? You can not change the color or the item in anyway. What room will you put this in? Will it inspire a room makeover?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Does it chime every hour? (Yes, this will determine where it goes)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Luckily I know the answer to this question.  lol  It chimes every hour on the hour and on the half hour.  The hourly chime is one chime per hour of the day (3:00 it would chime 3 times) and the half hour it chimes just once.

Quoting jillbailey26:

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

In the living room.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Then it would be in hung up in the garage :)

Quoting steelcrazy:

Luckily I know the answer to this question.  lol  It chimes every hour on the hour and on the half hour.  The hourly chime is one chime per hour of the day (3:00 it would chime 3 times) and the half hour it chimes just once.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You honestly do get very used to the chiming.  I don't even hear it any more.  Even in the middle of the night.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting jillbailey26:

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My MIL and SIL both had one of those clocks.  I hated them, lol.  I love clocks and having them everywhere, but I wouldn't be able to have one of those.  During the day when the kiddos are at school, I keep everything off.  The house is quiet all day.

Quoting steelcrazy:

You honestly do get very used to the chiming.  I don't even hear it any more.  Even in the middle of the night.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting jillbailey26:

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

The garage, in a box.. lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Garage...I have a big beautiful grandfather clock in my living room and wouldn't want competing chimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

in the cellar

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
My gma has that in her entryway. I wonder what happed to their grandfather clock.
I.think It would have to go near the front door. I'd love that it chimes, but I think my wrought iron one looks better. Lol, I keep forgetting the batteries though, it hasn't told time or even had it's pendulum swing in ages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)