Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you ever heard of....

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 44 Replies

a video game bus? I just found out my SIL is renting a video game bus for her son's 9th Birthday party. I guess this company rents out these big buses with video games inside for birthday parties. They park it right in front of your house and you get a certain amount of time for the kids to play video games in it. I am probably out of the loop since my son is only 6 and we live out in the "country". I just was wondering if you have heard of this and what you thought of it?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Yup..heard of it...
Pay for something like that.. no way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Yep. Heard of it but never experienced one.

Seems kinda weird to me. But then again we're not a video game kind of family. We don't have any video game systems at our house, nor do we want any.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't the point of having a part to get the kids together and so they can have fun together?

What's the point of having the party if they are going to spend the time playing video games?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Never heard of it. Why not take them to an arcade?

jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Heard of it. Don't like the idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Never heard of it...

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I never heard of it.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of it, but I'm sure that they do exist in some areas.  We have a really cool "gym bus" that has gymnastic equipment mounted inside of an old school bus.  That is totally cool.  A bus full of video game equipment seems like a waste of money since everyone has video game stuff in their own homes.  Not sure why you'd need to rent a bus to play video games.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Haven't heard of it. Personally I don't consider starring at screen hitting buttons to be much of a birthday party. I just watched a video on their website and they pack these kids into a dark crowded bus to sit on bleacher type seats and stare at a screen hooked up to an xbox for a few hours. 

Sj218
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Yep, a friend did it. It was great for a 10yo boy b-day. Especially since its rainy and gross here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)