Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I know this might sound odd .. But I'm alittle worried about the size of my sons penis he is 7 and tho it has grown since he was a baby it's still pretty small.. I did a read up on it and it says a average size at this age is 2.4 inches pushed all the way back.. But I would feel alittle weird asking my son if I could measure is penis and he probably wouldn't even let me.. I'm just curious if this is normal.. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo it just worries me.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (131-140):
SadeAyosmom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM

completly agree that his personal privacy.. its his genitals. none of your concern with size.

Quoting hplesha:

I would never want to measure my sons penis. That's his business

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

OP - Try not to worry about it.  As long as it's functioning properly, that is all that matters at this point.  Besides, I don't think you can truly get a good gauge for how it's size is going to be until he goes through puberty.  At that point, it will be more his concern than yours.

hplesha
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I still have issues with getting dressed in front of my df. If i need to change my underwear or put on my bra I'll go into the bathroom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

This is me too.  My boys are 6 and 8 and I still see them on an almost daily basis.  They have little to no modesty.  The 6 year old will still bring his clothes out into the living room to change.  Neither of them close the door every time when they use the toilet.  They also seem to have no qualms about seeing me or DH changing if we they happen to see.  Oh well.  I figure when they no longer want to see or be seen, they will make it known and they will use more discretion.  At the moment, since they don't seem to care then neither do I.

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I've read through this entire thread and I think you ladies have taken every single comment to the extreme, when there was nothing extreme to begin with.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Can I wear your waders to Walmart??

Quoting steelcrazy:

I think I need to put my waders on, it is getting really deep in here.

MamiJaAyla
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
3 moms liked this

OP... ask your doctor.  I think that its pretty typical for them to be small and then grow later in adolscence.  BUt esp. since from the comments it seems that your ds is going through chemo that would be a question I would ask the doctor.  WHy, some wonder.... well b/c its YOUR KID and its natural to be concerned about EVERY PART of them.  Some mom's worry their child will be too short or too tall, or if ds has boobs too early etc. and people don't go off on them.

And if my child is going through rad. and/or chemo and I notice something off in their reproductive organs YOU BET i;m going to ask. What about if its a side effect?  What if its not??? I still rather know than not. 

I know my mom asked the dr. about my brother b/c his sack didn't look right and she was right one wasn't down.

So if you don't look at your sons privates b/c OMG he's a boy and its his business... I wonder at YOUR parenting skills... b/c as far as I am concerned BOTH my childrens WHOLE bodies ARE my business REGARDLESS of their sex.  And you bet I've seen my ds's penis and thank goodness he's still comfortable enough to ask me when he notices something that seems diff (he's 9) and YES he knows that's his privates but private or not its still part of his body and can need attention.

Gods people, its a BODY PART not a "sexual thing"

etsmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It's normal. My sister was concerned about it and asked her doc. He said it is normal and that it will grow more as he goes thru puberty.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

This is me too.  My boys are 6 and 8 and I still see them on an almost daily basis.  They have little to no modesty.  The 6 year old will still bring his clothes out into the living room to change.  Neither of them close the door every time when they use the toilet.  They also seem to have no qualms about seeing me or DH changing if we they happen to see.  Oh well.  I figure when they no longer want to see or be seen, they will make it known and they will use more discretion.  At the moment, since they don't seem to care then neither do I.

Yeah, this seems more normal to me than never seeing my naked son from age 3 on.

My opinion on nudity is that, as long as both parent & child are comfortable with it, the nudity is ok.  But if either doesn't want to see the other naked, or be seen by the other, then it shouldn't happen.  I'm fine seeing my naked boys right now, they are only almost 6 & 4.  I'm not comfortable with them seeing me naked anymore.  I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with a boy seeing his mom naked, I'm just not comfortable with it so it doesn't happen here.  Once they don't want me to see them naked, they will start covering up & closing the door.  I'm hoping this happens before they hit puberty, lol, I'll probably start to insist on it if they hit puberty & still aren't covering up.

I wouldn't let them be naked in front of anyone else, other than a medical professional, though.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I think it's weird that you're so concerned with it. 

unspecified42
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Accusing people of being pedophiles because they are comfortable with casual nudity in their home is concerning. Assuming that people who see their children naked occasionally get sexual pleasure from it is absurd and alarming, and makes me think that some women are hypersexualized. Just because someone has a different idea of modesty than you doesn't mean they are a sexual predator, and accusing them of such is definitely not coming from a normal psyche.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

REALLY?? LMAO @@

That's to ofunny! because we believe a person's body is their property and ask that we be respected by keeping our bodies to ourselves makes us abuse victims??

I'm not the one that needs a shrink!

Quoting unspecified42:

Some of you are frighteningly uptight about nudity. It almost sounds pathological how terrified of and appalled by nudity you are! I suppose abuse victims might feel that way, so I'll give you ladies the benefit of the doubt.

OP- I vote make it a non issue. Like others have pointed out, there's nothing to be done about it, and it will only make the poor kid self conscious if you talk about it in front of him. Sounds like he has enough on his plate! Remember that penis size doesn't matter anyway when it comes to real, loving relationships.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN