Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I know this might sound odd .. But I'm alittle worried about the size of my sons penis he is 7 and tho it has grown since he was a baby it's still pretty small.. I did a read up on it and it says a average size at this age is 2.4 inches pushed all the way back.. But I would feel alittle weird asking my son if I could measure is penis and he probably wouldn't even let me.. I'm just curious if this is normal.. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo it just worries me.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Extra weight around the tummy can also mean extra fat on the pubic pad area, thus making the penis look smaller.

Quoting luzianagurl:

i talked to my family dr about my 7 year old's also. she asked me if he had extra weight around his middle and he does. she said that is pretty normal when they have that extra weight. she couldn't explain why just that she'd seen it before and that if i still had concerns i could bring him in and let her run tests and whatnot. i let it go and it seems to have fixed itself since he's lost that extra weight around his middle. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this
You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

It would be the last thing on my mind in the OP's situation.
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why not talk to his actual doctor about your concern?  Some males are smaller, some are larger and the rest are "average".  I dont think it is weird since i worry that my dd will inherit my odd chest.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM

It's your kid and you can worry about whatever you want.  If you are concerned about the size of his penis, ask the doctor.  I'm sure you are not the first person to ask the question.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I agree with Jinx and NO they don't need/want help and NO they do not run around naked.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

OneDay.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Ummm....
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here.  The only penis that I see belongs to my husband.  lol  My 12 year old would absolutely DIE if he even thought that I saw his penis or even talked about his penis.

Quoting mjande4:

I agree with Jinx and NO they don't need/want help and NO they do not run around naked.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
My 7 year old would prefer being naked all the time if possible but settles for only underwear at home. He likes to flash me- butt and penis, merely for reaction, I think.

I'm a single mom so he also goes in with me in a lot of public restaurants.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Same with my son. He's always been modest since potty training. When he was a tween, I actually had to tell him it was OK to only sleep in his boxers if it was hot in his room at night. LOL

Quoting steelcrazy:

Same here.  The only penis that I see belongs to my husband.  lol  My 12 year old would absolutely DIE if he even thought that I saw his penis or even talked about his penis.

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN