Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I know this might sound odd .. But I'm alittle worried about the size of my sons penis he is 7 and tho it has grown since he was a baby it's still pretty small.. I did a read up on it and it says a average size at this age is 2.4 inches pushed all the way back.. But I would feel alittle weird asking my son if I could measure is penis and he probably wouldn't even let me.. I'm just curious if this is normal.. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo it just worries me.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Nope - running around naked, once potty trained is NOT tolerated in our house. 

Seriously, once they were potty trained, unless there is a problem I don't go around looking at my kid's parts. If they needed to be wiped, I did that from behind.  When they are potty training, I start teaching them to clean themselves in the tub. By time they were 4yo. I wasn't wiping/ washing anything.

I do recall ONCE, my oldest got  a bit of a rash around his penis. He was about 10yo. He was doing karate and getting sweaty and not changing his damp undies and it was rubbing. We discussed it, talked about what the liekly cause was, gave him some powder to apply himself and told him if it isn't better in a day to let me know and I would take him to the Dr.  I didn't need to inspect it. If it had been bleeding, or seriously hurt, then I would have felt the need to check it myself but some redness and discomfort? Nope.  Boys need to learn to take care of themselves

ETA: They are now 12 and 14yo and very responsible for their own cleanliness and are comfortable talking to me about any issue they may have...and let me tel lya...we have had some doozies! LOL

Quoting GwenMB:

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM

LOL - YUP!! Die a slow horrid death if they thought I was looking... though he is open to talking about issues.

I'm used to asking them if they have cups on for karate, or putting them into rock climbing harnesses in Scouts when it's important to know where it's hanging so it doesnt get squashed..LMAO  I tell ya tho - it was embarassing when I had to ask other kids this question... Ummm here's your harness, I'm going to turn around and you need to adjust things so that nothing gets stuck under the harness...Let me know..umm..when you are done..."

Quoting steelcrazy:

Same here.  The only penis that I see belongs to my husband.  lol  My 12 year old would absolutely DIE if he even thought that I saw his penis or even talked about his penis.

Quoting mjande4:

I agree with Jinx and NO they don't need/want help and NO they do not run around naked.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

Your son never runs around naked?  Needs help in the bath or going potty?  Please tell me how you manage that!  I see more of my boys (ages almost 6 & 4) than I care to most days!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

danichaos
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Wtf? That's his future wife's concern. It's not like you can do anything about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

IMO - Flashing is TOTALLY inappropriate. The reaction he got from me would have himseriously reconsidering in my house. He wouldn't want it a second time.

Boy/Girl parts should be RESPECTED.  I'm all for consenting adults playing and being creative but flashing your parent isn't cute or funny in my house.  Relationships are very important to me and to DH. We don't want our kids thinking it's OK to be mooning people or flashing. We stress the importance of keeping your privates private and sharing them with your husband/wife only.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

My 7 year old would prefer being naked all the time if possible but settles for only underwear at home. He likes to flash me- butt and penis, merely for reaction, I think.

I'm a single mom so he also goes in with me in a lot of public restaurants.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I think that if you are concerned about it, then talk to his doctor. Try not to worry about it too much though. I'm sure that it's normal.  

Good luck Momma, with everything that you are dealing with right now.

*hugs*

wedding countdown

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Quoting mamajolene:

It's not that it just popped in my head all of a sudden.. It's bothered me for a while because while in the hospital alot of the nurses have commented on it..

I'm having a hard time understanding why the nurses would comment on that. That would de beyond unprofessional.  

If nurses commented on my son I would tell them to shut up and file a complaint .  I find it very hard to believe this. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I have to tell you that I find this HIGHLY inappropriate.  I don't think it's cute or acceptable at age 2, let alone, age 7.  You really need to set some boundaries and realize that IF he was to do this or tell someone that he does this outside of your home it could cause some really uncomfortable things to happen for the two of you.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

My 7 year old would prefer being naked all the time if possible but settles for only underwear at home. He likes to flash me- butt and penis, merely for reaction, I think.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know...I don't think I've even seen DS's penis since he was potty trained at about 3 yo.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

He grows substantially at puberty don't worry.

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Even if it is small, there's nothing you can do about it. I'd worry more about getting him through the chemo and less on the size of his penis.

Good luck to you all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

REALLY????  I still showered with my 6 1/2yr on occasion up till about 6mo's ago.  He still changes in the middle of the livingroom every single day.  I still help him wash his hair and see him naked every day.  He goes to the bathroom with the door wide open all the time.  No biggie in our home.

All my children 4 of them all boys 2 of which are teens still see me & their dad naked everyday too.  I figure when they have an issue with it they will leave my bedroom when I am changing and stop walking into the bathroom when I am showering or trying to go to the bathroom. 

They can tell anyone they want it isn't wrong and nobody will have an issue with it.  My 6 1/2 yr old had a sleep over this past Friday.  The 4yr old and 2 six yr olds all changed into their P.J.'s in the livingroom nobody had any issues with it or even asked for privacy.  Actually they all saw my boobs too actually all the time they do.  Why, I breastfeed.  It is only sexual if you make it sexual.

Quoting mjande4:

I have to tell you that I find this HIGHLY inappropriate.  I don't think it's cute or acceptable at age 2, let alone, age 7.  You really need to set some boundaries and realize that IF he was to do this or tell someone that he does this outside of your home it could cause some really uncomfortable things to happen for the two of you.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)